Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade

States rights! States rights! States ri- hmm? Oh, we’re not doing that anymore?

The hero of January 6th is flying his true colors again.

I’d be happy if Pence would fall into a wheat thresher. And if Alito, Thomas, Kavanaugh, Barrett, Roberts and Gorsuch joined him? I mean gosh, what a terrible freak accident! Anyway…

16 Likes
38 Likes

Yeah, like all the voter suppression laws that will make it hell to change this awful situation. That should work :roll_eyes:

8 Likes
40 Likes

Just to clarify, the woman who died wasn’t a TERF as far as I know.

14 Likes

How about a religious take?

Rev. Ed is my spritual guide.

12 Likes

Collins is getting thrashed on her Twitter account, as it should be. (she hasn’t mentioned the ruling yet, afaict, but people are going after her.)
Here’s one nice reply:

25 Likes

For the record, I plan to travel extensively this and upcoming winters, and am willing to provide transportation to anyone needing to cross state lines to obtain abortion services or escape to saner climates.

15 Likes

Yeah, I went back and looked at the tumblr chain, and it was the one that Wheaton posted from that seems pretty terfy…

6 Likes

Its coming here too

12 Likes

Maybe not technically correct but it works as a nice shorthand for what’s going on IMO.

There’s so much talk on the right about “stopping Sharia law in America”. States have passed laws to make it illegal, even though it’s a completely manufactured problem isn’t really happening here.

On the other hand, they are perfectly happy to impose their own form of secular Christian law on the population whether they believe it or not — based on already suspect interpretations of the Bible. (Never mind that Jesus never once talked about abortions. The Bible is pretty ambiguous about when life begins. Let’s ignore that Ecclesiastes 6:3-5 says it’s better to be stillborn than to be forced to live an unhappy life.)

16 Likes

I was just going to post this. My nurse mom and our close doctor friends often received donations of nearly expired and expired medications for a pro bono, nonprofit clinic. My OB-Gyn uncle said that many could be used up to a certain amount of time after the expiration date. The most crucial thing with expired medication is potency and effectiveness over time.

14 Likes

Gee, that didn’t take long.

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,” Thomas wrote in his concurring opinion to the ruling on Roe.

Time to re-examine the dumbass interpretations on the 2nd amendment too. I mean, if they’re going nuclear…

13 Likes

She’s now chimed in that she feels she was misled by Kavanagh and Gorsuch:

10 Likes

I refuse to believe she’s so dumb to have not predicted this was exactly what would happen.

21 Likes

That is a truly disturbing gif.

19 Likes

No. It’s not. It just further stigmatizes people in America who are already stigmatized. These Christo-fascists came up with this shit all on their own.

16 Likes

Did she also believe SCOTUS and others who said “this will leave it to the states?”

(Btw, this is what will end the filibuster, if democrats don’t do it first.)

ETA:

16 Likes

She’s playing both sides as per bloody usual - doing nothing to stop Republican extremism whilst trying to attract liberals by claiming to be a moderating influence in the Republican Party. Hopefully everyone will have seen through this act now.

10 Likes

This popped up in my feed.

2 Likes