Supreme Court to strike down Roe v. Wade in draft ruling leaked to Politico

Make that “for beers” and they’d have a real shot at it.

15 Likes

Nope. Catholic hospitals already will not treat ectopic pregnancies, they transfer them to some other sinful hospital where the devil’s work is done. Same with tubal ligations, contraception, etc. At least currently they will transfer them. Suspecting soon they will just offer Last Rites.

25 Likes

I wonder how they get around the Medicare requirements, then? I know private hospitals that don’t take federal money (Medicare, VA, etc) can do that, but there’s a stipulation that to qualify for reimbursement they have to provide all Medicare-covered services.

Come to think of it, one of the local Catholic hospitals does all that stuff. And they are under one of the Catholic-all-caps-bold organizations. Huh.

Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

14 Likes

Watch how long those “states’ rights” last when they pass the The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 The Fugitive Mother Act of 2025.

13 Likes

too true . . .

23 Likes

Good. Fuck 'em.

4 Likes

The effected jurists shouldn’t have too much of a problem being visited by concerned individuals, seeing that choice is a privacy issue, and said jurists don’t believe in an individual’s right to privacy.

10 Likes

If you’re on Medicare, you’re not pregnant. It’s for people 65 and older.

9 Likes

I hear he likes beer.

Oh and getting massive debts paid off by his parents.

10 Likes

2016, and I’d assume that they’ve been working on the tracking side too.

14 Likes

That it was Alito and not Thomas is a curious thing.

12 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t know about all of the aforementioned services, but for example contraception and tubal ligation are not covered by Medicare. These laws are always written with caveats of “legal but no federal funding can be used for it”, as is the case with things like stem cell research and abortion. Medicare being federal, that’s a dodge for Catholic hospitals on this stuff. Medicare can’t cover it so they don’t have to treat it.

8 Likes

Oh, so now privacy is important when someone takes it from the very people making these shitty rulings?

18 Likes

Not exactly. Most people on Medicare are indeed retirees but Medicare also covers people of all ages who are medically disabled. So Medicare does indeed cover pregnancy and childbirth.

16 Likes

18 Likes

19 Likes

Like the right when it doxxed ob-gyns and then murdered a couple of them?

22 Likes

FOX News robots: “Yes.”

5 Likes

Yeah, with you on this.

OT but hey, some good news:

16 Likes