Suspicious material in letters to Straight Pride Parade organizers turned out to be... glitter!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/03/suspicious-material-in-letters.html

1 Like

Sending them fart smell would have been redundant.

16 Likes

Well Glitter definitely is a leading cause of Gay so it’s a good thing they were intercepted. Or is it the other way around… Further research is required.

25 Likes

Organizers continued; “Now that we know it’s glitter, we still have no idea what to do with it. Our plan to festoon our clothing with wood chips and motor oil is unchanged.”

15 Likes

In a fit of self-flagellating pique (I guess) this morning I went to fox news on my phone just to see if they were covering Trump’s 4th of July parade. Holy shit what an alternate universe! all 12 or so stories I scrolled past were things I have never heard about, and none of the major stories headlining ANY other outlet were there. This story was (not the glitter conclusion, but the “suspicious package” part). I…wonder if they’ll publish a follow-up…

10 Likes

tumblr_pqnib1zLhl1ujinhho1_540

26 Likes

Their straight pride walk seems to fall into the “thou dost protest overmuch” category.

13 Likes

Glitter, it was glitter I was supposed to use. To you think I should call the guys and tell them not to open my parcel? When I went to fill it up od misheard glitter and instead went to the…

4 Likes

These hard-core manly-man fascist types always swoon at the least affront. Maybe they should loosen their corsets.

14 Likes

That is wonderfully evil. I hope there was a lot of it. And that it leaked.

14 Likes

Actual Nazis.

21 Likes

There is a slightly different version of this story that contains this…

“After Racioppi alerted the authorities, bomb squads were sent to the Massachusetts towns of Woburn, Salisbury and Malden. Hugo, who called the mailings an “act of domestic terrorism,” said he had also alerted conservative firebrand Milo Yiannopoulos, the grand marshal of the upcoming Straight Pride Parade, though it does not appear Yiannopoulos was sent a glitter-filled mailing.”

The story went from mild whimsy to alt-right bonkers level 11 in just a few sentences.

17 Likes

If you are going to veil your alt-right neo-nazi bullshit with a group name like super happy fun America maybe you should take a second and learn what glitter looks like.

Also, HAHaHaHahaha!!!

14 Likes

The right wing news radio woke me up with this story yesterday. They were acting like it was the most awful thing ever to happen to anyone. The organizers of this parade, and anyone who supports them, are just a bunch of milkshook little fuckboys. That’s all they’ll ever be.

21 Likes

Did they call the Fabulous Disposal Squad?

16 Likes

God, I so want a group of not-nazis to actually get a “Straight Pride Parade” up and running, and use every hilarious stereotype idea that comes up in these threads.

I want a complete tongue-in-cheek parade filled with monster trucks, giant inflatable Bud Light balloons, the local football team in parade formation, guys handing out pamphlets on how to properly fix a '67 Chevy, etc.

It would be hilarious and spectacular and a lot of fun!

10 Likes

Bonus points if it’s both over-the-top straight and deeply homoerotic.

22 Likes

There’s already a straight Pride parade. Its called the Mermaid Parade and it takes place every year in Coney Island during the first couple of weeks of Pride.

Also its super gay.

6 Likes

Nah, skip the homo-eroticism - it’s not really necessary, and it’d be better going for straight up over-the-top comedy and satire. We’d definitely need to borrow some drag queens for a PFSAN float, though (Parents and Friends of Straignts and Narrows).

All chodes matter?

2 Likes