Taco Bell employees beat up customer in street after complaint

I heard customer service is somewhat different in the USA. Not exactly what I imagined …

No guns involved - that’s certainly a plus, right?

6 Likes

The Customer is Always Right Wan’ta Fight.

4 Likes

Retraining? To me that implies they were trained to handle complaints this way in the first place.

11 Likes

(On the one hand, I hate ad pre-rolls. OTOH, I’ll bet these brands’ owners are jazzed to be running before this story.)

“The franchisee who owns and operates this location is retraining its staff”

I’d love to be at that retraining.

So, your customer complains, time to beat them up, right? No, don’t beat them up.

13 Likes

I’m guessing this will be a slam dunk for any attorney. Curious to see what happens. The offer of a $20 gift card in exchange for getting the piss beat out of you is laughable.

16 Likes

Firing the employees is a good step, but police charging them with battery would be better.

22 Likes

No, that would be “Long John Silver’s” I believe.

6 Likes

All jokes and snark aside, what the fuck kind of circumstances need to be in place for 6 employees of any customer service oriented business to decide that assaulting patrons is somehow “a good idea?”

Over the years, I’ve had some truly thankless jobs, often dealing with some really horrible customers who pissed me off to no end… but no matter what, I still never deigned to go gang up on somebody to beat them down.

I can’t even fathom having such little sense of self-preservation; there’s no good outcome to be had from such an unwise decision.

19 Likes

Though I would grant an exception for the McDonald’s employee who was assaulted by the customer who lunged over the counter at her. What was it, six months ago?
I think defense of another is okay.

9 Likes

Oh Philadelphia.

In these here parts, the “employees” at Taco Bell are too fat or too stoned to leave the building or chase down someone in a wheelchair.

An offer of $20 credit? I’m guessing ambulance chasers are lined up 10 deep to take this case on a contingency basis.

Also Privacy Badger seems to really not like streamable.

2 Likes

“The franchisee who owns and operates this location is retraining its staff”

6 Likes

That kind of goes without saying; if someone tried to assault me, I’d defend myself, obviously… but that’s a completely different scenario than what happened here.

Not even a full 60 days ago, yo.

Each year since 2016 now seems like a freakin’ decade.

15 Likes

telling customers they were inundated by GrubHub orders, which took precedence. Reese says suddenly employees seemed to snap over the complaints, and three of them jumped over the counter and followed him outside.

I knew that this was the problem. Taco Bell has been running a free delivery cross promotion with Grubhub and it has really screwed with their workflow. Restaurants are finding themselves understaffed.

10 Likes

Yeah, and in-person customers don’t like waiting in the “invisible line”.

4 Likes

They were not beating him: they were tenderizing him. Tacos at Taco Bell are PEOPLE!!!

7 Likes

You know what’s gonna happen: inevitably one or two people, upon hearing the no-beat-em-up policy, are gonna loudly pound the desk they’re sitting at, jump up, yell “Fuck this! We’re outta here!”, and turn and march out the door.

1 Like

I used to work at a Taco Bell, who here has a stomach strong enough to hear my anecdotes? Peruse my posting history before you decide.

3 Likes

Aw man, I thought it was an OR not an AND!

2 Likes

I’ll bite. Lets see if you can outdo our imaginations…