Taco Bell exec is suing the Uber driver he beat up for $5 million

Came here just to say this, glad you said it first so I didn’t have to. The defendant (Golden) probably took his lawyer’s advice to countersue for the $5m. To be clear, it’s shitty, and he doesn’t deserve any mercy for it, but it probably wasn’t his idea.

1 Like

Oops - corrected. Thanks.

His lawyer will work pro bono, i’m sure

2 Likes

I’m sure his plans for billing Mr Golden gave him a boner, if that’s what you meant…

3 Likes

This was due to the video being sped up for battle damage assessment purposes, but not being slowed down again for the public posting. Happens all the time.

2 Likes

In an interview in November, Caban’s attorney, Rivers Morrell, said the Uber driver was traumatized by the attack. “It’s been a living nightmare for this young kid who has never had any altercations,” Morrell told the Register. “He’s fearful, he can’t sleep, he just can’t get this out of his head.”

@mewyn, @fuzzyfungus: That quote comes from the driver’s attorney, not Taco dude’s attorney.

2 Likes

Late stage capitalism

12 Likes

This needs the “christ what an asshole” tag

4 Likes

RIGHT?!?!

he was SUPPOSED to experience all that.
And I’m sure this case will only compound his emotional distress, humiliation, anxiety, and future job prospects.

1 Like

Please note my previous comment as reply to your comment.

1 Like

he understands the consequences can be he gets hella rich!

If one didn’t “know” you, your trolling would pass. :relaxed:

2 Likes

You’ve got it reversed though - the guy who is assaulting the driver in the video, is now suing the driver for assault. Probably because, after he repeatedly hit the driver in the head and tried to slam his head into the window, the driver pepper sprayed him in totally reasonable self defence.

2 Likes

as with the most true of things, repeating them is proof enough.

Wow, slowed down it becomes clear that the CEO was just trying to tip the driver

8 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is there a GoFundMe for the Über driver? I will gladly contribute to it, to make sure this Taco Bell asshat 1. doesn’t win and 2. gets countersued for everything he’s worth.

2 Likes

TB exec is a prick. Sorta surprised he didn’t include pain and suffering for hurting his hand on the backside of the Uber driver’s head as part of the lawsuit. Prick.

You’re right, at about an eighths the speed the skull’s bounce back from the door frame looks much gentler.

2 Likes

I’m picking up what you’re putting down. Just as my own hypothesis: It’s NOT a taxi, as I’m certain the various authorities in California will be quick to point out, so is it a public space?

Also, I don’t understand who the hell two-party rules are supposed to protect. In principle, it’s supposed to help safeguard privacy. In practice, it makes people unaccountable.

ETA: Oh, and public policy exception? I’d go for that if you dangled it in front of me and I were a judge.