Take a quiz to see which US presidential candidate matches your views

You’ve identified what I believe is the most significant flaw in the American electoral system. People are often afraid to vote for the candidate with whom they most agree because they are afraid of wasting their vote. We should move to some sort of ranking system.

2 Likes

96% for sanders, 90% for clinton, 1% for rubio. 35% for the average of my state my state.

2 Likes

Hah I was split between Bernie, Joe, and Hillary as the top three for me. Must be my domestic policy stances. Other than that, I consider myself a left libertarian and would prefer both corporate and state power to be put into check. :confused:

99% Sanders… 0% Carson and Cruz…

4 Likes

So, Sanders to beat Paul in a landslide in the general, going by this.

What odds can I get on that?

3 Likes

I was planning to vote for Bernie Barney Frank, but then Donald Trump reminded me that he has unattractive nipples. That’s the sort of thing you can let slide in the Senate, but not for the commander-in-chief.

4 Likes

That’s all well and good, but as a practical matter how would you find out how closely you aligned with a politician unless it was based on things the politician had a stated opinion on?

2 Likes

88% Bernie, 79% Hillary, 66% Biden, 59% O’Malley (o’who?), 53% Rand Paul, then tapering down through the elephant menagerie to 5% for Santorum, Graham and Walker.

…edit: and I still sometimes feel like a right-winger here… Guess everything is relative.

6 Likes
6 Likes

What about the politico’s actual voting record?

2 Likes

Barney Frank != Bernie Sanders.

Though I’d probably vote the hell out of Barney Frank, too! He’d be fun to have in office. America’s first gay jewish president, and he really gets Trump and his ilk:

They appear to have become so attached to their outrage that they are even
more outraged that they won’t be able to be outraged anymore.

…though all this really means is that if Bernie’s nipples were putting you off, NO WORRIES!

4 Likes

My Top 5:
Bernie - 99%
Hillary - 87%
Biden - 86%
O’Malley - 72%
Rand - 33%

1 Like

Oh, right. I need to get my political nipple disses straight.

Most of this is based on their voting record, where applicable.

@zikzak was asking for opinions on things the politicians had never voted on or opined on.

1 Like

An upvote simply for your “Perry is a perfect 0%” We true Texans really like to hear stuff like that. [Exceptin’ that the next slate a critters that got voted in are amazingly even worse. We haven’t figured out how or why we keep doing that yet…]

3 Likes

Yet he still gets no respect.

2 Likes

My initial reaction to reading about this quiz was “Yeah, right. Another personal information profile that can be loaded into a database, correlated against my purchasing history and other traits, and sold repeatedly.” But is that horse still anywhere near the barn at this point…?

3 Likes

See my above comment about Biden. I’m not finding much weight placed upon it in the quiz, but let’s start here: [Expresses the sense of the Congress that providers of electronic
communications services and manufacturers of electronic communications
service equipment should ensure that communications systems permit the
Government to obtain the plain text contents of voice, data, and other
communications when appropriately authorized by law. ][1]
[1]: https://www.congress.gov/bill/102nd-congress/senate-bill/266

1 Like

Shift-N to open an incognito window. (Works for Chrome, should work for Firefox.) That way they at least don’t get the cookies, and IP on its own can be ambiguous. (Browser fingerprinting by its headers may be a hole in this scheme but they may not be using that en masse.)

Have adblock and/or other privacy/annoyance extensions enabled in incognito mode.

1 Like

Gonna go out on a limb with a 3rd reply in this thread and try with this one to wrap it all up. First off, the quiz was good, but it didn’t really get interesting until I started clicking on other than yes/no. THEN the possible answers got much more nuanced with an added ‘write yer own’. If I hadn’t found this out, my Bernie % would probably been way closer to 100 than 88%. I have to admit a bit of sadness that I ‘sided’ 3% with both Cruzzy and Guv Goodhair, and even (ick) 1% with Santorum, but at least I hit 0% with Rubio. Hillary and I hit at 74% and Biden (whom I frankly don’t really know jack shit about) at 72%

4 Likes