Take a quiz to see which US presidential candidate matches your views

Who should you vote for when you get 80% Rand Paul and 75% Hillary Clinton?

If he just learns the simple Band-Aids over the nips trick, he’ll Presidential for sure.

1 Like

The matching of our answers to candidate answers could be done better. I got a couple of “disagreements” with Sanders counted as such because they couldn’t determine his position, and more because I didn’t check the “right” box even though the answers were materially the same, e.g. “Yes” vs. “Yes, and…”

Also they haven’t had time to put McAfee into the results yet. His campaign announcement, posted Wednesday:

3 Likes

Bernie Sanders.

4 Likes

Alternatively use https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

1 Like

Isn’t Hulk Hogan running??

To be fair, though, I think many right-wingers if they were honest about what they wanted would prefer Sanders over many of the right wing candidates. My understanding is that when given mock budgets to play with, the average Republican in the US is “to the left” of the Democratic party in terms of taxation, military spending, and a lot of other issues.

3 Likes

I got 87% for Sanders surprisingly, I still wouldn’t vote for him if I was an american though. Clinton at 76%, Paul 74%, Biden 71%. The bottom was Jindal at 25%, Santorum 27% (was hoping to see him lower). I probably didn’t put enough effort into classifying the importance of my answers, so that skewed the results no doubt.

As a near-centrist, my top top matches were Biden with 76% and Huckabee with 73% and nobody lower than Kasich at 28%.

I like the cut of your jib. Let’s do it!

3 Likes

Boing Party, anyone?

5 Likes

Bernie at 97%. Hillary at 87%.

I would guess that people would be much more likely to agree if it wasn’t for a few highly polarizing (and artificially inflamed to serve as a group-belonging marker) issues, and for divisive group-belonging labels (and the associated preemptive stereotyping and dismissing of the Others).

Divide et impera. Cui bono?

2 Likes

An important point, well made.

2 Likes

Needs more hookers and blow.

1 Like

[image of hook-handed pirates and a pack of dynamite sticks]

2 Likes

Top three for me are Bernie at 92, Clinton at 86 and Biden at 82.

Bernie at 97%, Clinton and Biden tied at 85% and Rand Paul at 41%.

I wouldn’t say the numbers are accurate though (the order probably was), quite a few of my choices were least worst options. I could have put in my own answers but I don’t know how the quiz would have handled so many of them and didn’t want to spend time finding out.

1 Like

Who do you think would be more representative of your political views, if not Sanders? Do you think Clinton or Biden is more in line with your thinking?

None of the above. I could probably pick and choose various bits and pieces (though to be honest I have very little knowledge of Biden’s stances on things - I could click on the detail in that quiz to find out though). I’d probably describe myself as a hard-core social libertarian, and a pragmatic libertarian (close to a classical liberal) in other areas.

1 Like