Teal pumpkins indicate that you have safe, allergy-free goodies to give trick-or-treaters

My son wised up to that.

The spot where the spare key is hidden.

2 Likes

SX355

2 Likes

What’s the secret code for avoiding crazy people who have a message for kids?

http://reason.com/blog/2014/10/31/heres-the-anti-marijuana-tract-some-lady

1 Like

3 Likes

Frankly you’re lucky its only one. A while back I was working with a bunch of kids (restaurant, bussers and such) who were in the first age group for the increased allergies. Like four of them had nasty nut allergies. My own age group I had previously met one maybe two people with nut allergies ever. Across multiple cities and several decades.

2 Likes

Go fuckin’ nuts, my friend!

2 Likes

Blue is the new orange?

1 Like

Where I grew up it was usually the older kids who collected for UNICEF. Junior-high and Senior-high kids who were too old to dress up and collect candy, but who still wanted to be out-and-about and say hi to all the neighbors, or who had to take their younger siblings out trick-or-treating anyway.

2 Likes

Was that your house! Those were the worst gummie balloons I ever ate. We all had upset stomachs. This year straight to tricking!

3 Likes

People who are out of their gourds?

3 Likes

I am allergic to nuts. I trick or treated as a kid. We just did it normally then went through everything and pulled the things with nuts out (then gave them to my brother and he gave me some back that I could eat). Honestly, you can’t trust other people to be safe with your allergens. It is cool when people try, and much appreciated, but I still follow-up and confirm myself. More than once I’ve had a reaction after someone telling me something was nut free but wasn’t.

I guess it depends on the severity of your allergies, what they are (nuts are easier to avoid than wheat) and how you perceive the risk. Luckily I got to trick or treat normally, but it is cool that people who don’t have allergies are thinking about this.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for. Turns out the other impediment is the surprise from adults that kids are collecting for UNICEF. My local neighborhood gets mobbed by children (we counted at least 450 trick or treaters last year) so most of the adults aren’t ready to give a kid anything but candy. Most of the money we raised was online (cute kid in costume worked for that).

2 Likes

Doesn’t it really depend on your feelings towards that peanut allergic kid?

3 Likes

to give out instead of candy

You spelled “in addition to” wrong.

3 Likes

there is no need, if your neighbor isn’t handing out chocolate oranges you should shit in their mailbox

1 Like

I am bumfuzzled. Those are turquoise pumpkins.

At some point the feckin Millennials decided that “turquoise” as a colour name was uncool so they’d start using the word “teal” instead, but it hasn’t shown up in Ngrams yet.

3 Likes

Set out these artificially colored pumpkins to show you aren’t handing out artificial food.

1 Like

Don’t they name their kids after objects or personality traits now?

1 Like

That the owners have retreated from polite society and don’t give a dead squirrel about anything.