Ted Cruz: "America has always been best when she is lying down with her back on the mat."

[Read the post]

Ah, he’s having that “Raping Lady Liberty” fantasy again. Inside thoughts, Ted. Insight thoughts.

54 Likes

Yeah, just who I want to have in charge of nuclear weapons…

5 Likes

Thinking of England?

14 Likes

53 Likes

Back in my day we walked 10 miles uphill to be figuratively assaulted, and it was against either on a muddy alley or cold hard marble!

Kids these days with their mats. No wonder this country is going downhill!!

3 Likes

10 Likes

Hey sometimes a cigar is just—who am I kidding, this guy and his friends have been trying to have their way with America for years.

11 Likes

In case that’s genuine confusion, he used a wrestling metaphor that sounds odd because the metaphorical wrestler is female.

2 Likes

Damn republicans, always revealing more than they intend when speaking contemporaneously. I feel almost sad that the Donald put a contested convention a step further out of reach of Cruz yesterday - there would be so much more of this to look forward to!

1 Like

No confusion about his “message.”

I just can’t fathom how he manages to get even more repugnant with each passing week…

8 Likes

And here I’d pictured Ted as more of a America-blindfolded-and-on-all-fours-with-her-dirty-pillows-swaddled-in-a-flag sort of guy.

12 Likes

It’s a pretty well-established metaphor, so I can’t see any repugnance apart from in our own minds (I mean, women have sex, they don’t wrestle or fight back, right?)

I know you. You may have been knocked down, but America’s always been best when she is lying down with her back on the mat and the crowd has given the final count. It is time for us as a nation to get up, to shake it off and be who we were destined to be. Don’t let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

5 Likes

I would think back against the wall is a better metaphor for the point he was trying to make.

Um… that really depends upon each individual woman.

Sticking strictly within the realm of mutually consensual sex; there’s a fetish that focuses on both resistance and submission.

(No judgments.)

And just to clarify, I personally find people like Cruz & Trump repugnant, regardless to whatever new stupidity they may let leak out of their gaping maws…

6 Likes

I’ve known a few scary wrestlers who were women, even some young girls.

But come on, it’s much more fun to pretend we have no idea what Cruz meant, and then pretend to be afraid, right? It’s lame to just say it sounded wrong.

6 Likes

Far more revealing–and disturbing–is how Ted Cruz associates America with a vulnerable, assaulted woman.

14 Likes

The MVP of my high school wrestling team was female, and won nearly every match she was in. Some of them, admittedly, because guys would refuse to wrestle her. But she could legit kick every guy’s ass easily, and did so.

2 Likes

Yeah, then there’s that.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-61192-scott-pilgrim-anna-kendrick-wh-DmdR.gif

3 Likes

Hey, we can say it just sounded wrong, and yet the way it sounded wrong squares nicely with what we already think of Mr. Cruz.

9 Likes

Dunno. Correct me if I’m wrong, but bypassing the whole “is this about sex, sexual assault” and assuming is about wrestling…

… when does this idiot think the US has been “lying down with her back on the mat”? When in the last, say, 100 years was that, exactly?

23 Likes