Ted Cruz angry on behalf of gamers

Originally published at: Ted Cruz angry on behalf of gamers | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I’d be surprised if even the gamergate wing of misogynist asshole reactionaries wants to hear from an NPC that obnoxious, even if he’s trying to pander to them.

14 Likes

I am stunned to learn that Ted Cruz wants my XBox to be woke easily.

45 Likes

They should give Ted Cruz an Xbox that runs on a lawnmower engine…

10 Likes

“I DEMAND that all American Xboxes run on fossil fuels and non-fair-trade agricultural products from poverty-stricken rainforest regions!”

18 Likes

Do I want to know? Was this something to do with acrylamides or labor practices? Both? Neither?

6 Likes

8 Likes

The new coal powered X-Box!

“I just shot that guy, looked like he was AFK.”

“Nah, he said the x-box was laggy. Went to add more coal the boiler.”

Seriously, what ever happened to “fiscal conservatives” who got mad if you left lights on in a room, or touched the thermostat? Now they are pissed with a power saving option??

11 Likes

There was a time when “conservative” and “conservation” weren’t seen as mutually exclusive concepts.

Now the right wing thinks that the best way to show your love for this country is to plunder its resources and spew poison into its water and air.

26 Likes

If Ted Cruz were in a survival situation, he would gorge himself on all the water and emergency rations in the first half hour.

12 Likes

if you’re not destroying the country, how can you say you love it? /s

6 Likes

Well I would too if the alternative is to be stuck on a desert island with only Ted Cruz for company.

9 Likes

This is just outrage at change with zero context. Being mad and upset at change all the time has to be exhausting.

4 Likes

“A default setting does not mean they are ‘forcing’ anyone to do anything,”

Tell that to one of Cruz’s voters. These are the kind of dopes whose IoT device passwords always remain “admin” or “password”.

6 Likes

Only by default (heh heh). Today’s right-wing blowhards stand up for resource plundering less because they love it and more because the libs hate it. If somehow the Dems were suddenly to go full-in on coal power and unlimited offshore oil drilling (for example), I guarantee Cruz & Co. would turn all “green energy” so fast your head will spin.

While of course still taking money from their fossil pals. With Cruz’ sort of conservatism hypocrisy is a feature, not a bug.

3 Likes

Ted would be a regular Lou Jacobi…

2 Likes

Why yes, if it’s one thing gamers hate; it’s having more options when it comes to controlling their hardware :man_facepalming:

That dipstick would side against the right to repair, backing shitty isp monopolies, fighting consumer protections and being anti-unionization of game industry workers thus creating hard work environments that make games buggier and make talented workers burn completely out of the industry. I wish the neckbeards realize that at the end of the day the conservatives are not their friends.

7 Likes

The coffee complaint puzzled me too. Is he angry liberals like good coffee and not weak-assed Folgers strained through a hobo’s dirty sock?

Hard to keep up on the outrage. Still trying to figure out the anger at not body shaming the peanut and almond M&Ms…

4 Likes

This option has actually been there for a while. MS is just making it the default, and changing it to that new default.

3 Likes

He wants XBoxes to be woke remotely?

4 Likes