Ted Cruz sees a hat with horns on the Grammys and calls it "evil" while his state struggles without power

Originally published at: Ted Cruz sees a hat with horns on the Grammys and calls it "evil" while his state struggles without power | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Marge wasn’t happy either. I wonder when they’re going to get around to fixing inflation and the immigration problem.

22 Likes

We’re paying the salary of a man who believes hats can be evil. God help us all.

32 Likes

Wait until he finds out that thousands of his fellow Texans are making Satanic hand gestures at sporting events.

41 Likes

38 Likes

Good:

Bad:

Republicans, have I got this right?

44 Likes

Are we sure about that?

30 Likes

Once again, in the depths of winter, Cancun Cruz takes the opportunity to remind us that his voters are absolute idiots.

30 Likes

“We need to perform some ritualistic action to prevent rituals!”

21 Likes

Also:

20 Likes

Nothing like a good ol’ Satanic-Panic to vanquish evil raise money

28 Likes

Ok I’ve seen that blurry red and orange picture all over the internet and it looks like a burning pudding or something? Am I missing something in it? What are people even seeing or is the picture just incidental and there was something exciting in the show that isn’t in the picture? Either way I have a piece of wonderbread with christ’s image in it that I’d happily sell to Ted for protection
… just gotta go buy some wonderbread.

22 Likes

I can’t decide if Cruz was criticizing the performance because he knows Sam Smith is nonbinary and Kim Petras is trans or if he’s so out of touch he has no idea and just hates the hat

I can’t find a decent video of the performance :disappointed: but the official video has the hat too

I wonder when Cruz will get on the outrage wagon for this one? Seen a few articles about the pearl clutching for this video. How dare a nonbinary person who isn’t skinny dress skimpily and engage in sexually suggestive dancing all while looking far to fabulous :star_struck:

17 Likes

I suspect the answer is yes to all of them.

23 Likes

He can see that hat from Mexico!

13 Likes

32 Likes

Wait 'til he sees who’s waiting for him in the afterlife.

(I mean, if you believe that stuff.)

11 Likes

I image Mr. Cruz watches the Grammys simply to find something “outrageous” to fan flames to appease his loyal subjects (and distract from actual issues). “Don’t look at all the people in Texas without heat. Look at this halloween costume that has the audacity to be on television. It’s grooming our children to worship Satan!!! Text a donation to HORNYESORNO!”

18 Likes

JFC, we have been using devil imagery or singing about hell for forever in entertainment.

I just found out about a club in KC during the 30s called Dante’s Inferno, run by a mobster, that featured proto-drag performances like Mr. Half-and-Half.

The 1930s!!! In the Midwest!!

https://pendergastkc.org/local-subjects/dantes-inferno-nightclub-0

21 Likes

Hey Ted 1968! Arthur Brown - Fire 🔥 (1968) - YouTube

9 Likes