Ted Cruz lays out the scenario for Texas to secede from the United States and appoint Joe Rogan president

“Look, if the Democrats end the filibuster,” he said, “if they pack the Supreme Court, if they make D.C. a state, if they federalize elections and massively expand voter fraud enfranchisement, it may become hopeless…”

With one small change, Ted Cruz becomes the King of Woke. Of course, he doesn’t realize that Woke is not a monarchy. What a total fucking wank-basket.

Edit @ChuckV beat me to it in the very first comment on this thread. I’ve got to learn to read before I type.

6 Likes

I’m sure it will work about as well as Brexit is over here, Ted. We have oil too, not that it is helping us.

24 Likes

We could compromise by dropping him inthe middle of Lake Erie, right on the border.

28 Likes

That’s a workable plan.

15 Likes

Is SoylentPlaid made from Scotsmen or Golfers, or Scottish Golfers?

5 Likes

Between Ted Cruz being born in Canada and Joe Rogan being born in New Jersey, I’m guessing that any new Texas constitution wouldn’t include an article requiring the president of Texas to be a natural born citizen of Texas.

20 Likes

As I’m working remotely these days, I’m tempted to relocate to from the Midlands to some miles north of Berwich-upon-Tweed, and vote for independence.

7 Likes

15 gallons of bullshit in a 10 gallon hat.

Also, what are you going to do, Texas… buy Elon’s door wedge pickup for your ranch hand cosplay? The F150 is built in Michigan and Missouri.

11 Likes

Since trump they can.

10 Likes

It’s coming to a grocery store near you in 2022.

planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston

11 Likes

The trick is to make them forget, like how George W. Bush adopted a folksy accent so voters would overlook the fact that he was a rich kid born in Newhaven, Connecticut who attended Yale.

32 Likes

But still dumber than a box of rocks…

18 Likes

The “Texas Military” will have a full time job trying to keep their south border secured to the point where the new country would be an easy target for takeover. Meanwhile the north border would just be studded with exit ramps.

8 Likes

And what do they think will happen? Will the armed forces bases become theirs, or agressively armed and vigilant islands of America like all the rest of our overseas bases – Guantanamo levels of isolation and enforced dicipline, with all sensitive information and military equipment rigged for destruction on a moments notice, all unncessary troops withdrawn, all food and fuel imported, any visitors vetted and approved. They’re also basically out of water, which will only get worse as, presumably, the US diverts the millions of acre-feet they currently receive to our own drought-parched areas. They’ll have to burn all their oil to desalinate the birny aquifers and coastal waters to meet their current use, which will cost so much that nobody but the rich will be able to afford their produce, which would presumably be tariffed into the stratosphere by the mother country they emacipated themselves from. I imagine their $63 billion in debt owed by the state will be immediately declared due, their bonds rated as junk, and their own currency traded at an extreme discount against the dollar, but right now I image the smart investors are already mitigating their exposure to their bonds with an appropriate dip in the price. I also imagine the Coast Guard and other maritime law enforcement will have a field day whevever a ship headed to or from Texas enters US territorial waters.

So, China and Russia both wish you the best of luck in your self-destruction, but Texans should consider the consequences and prepare for the inevitable disaster.

28 Likes

10 Likes

Oh, no! Are they going to take their totally awesome power grid with them?!!

36 Likes

I’m fairly sure that the question of whether Texas has the right to secede has already been settled, at bayonet point.

23 Likes

As someone planning an insurrection- he should be expelled from the Senate and be ineligible for any elected or other government position.

Go get a job in the private sector, Rafael. For the first time in your life.

39 Likes

The least bad argument in favor of the status quo boils down to “The Founders set it up that way, and they couldn’t possibly have been wrong,” which is a pretty darn stupid argument.

I have seen the suggestion that, instead of making the residential portions of DC a state, they should be returned to Virginia and Maryland (as has already happened to Arlington). I don’t love that idea, but it’s not intrinsically anti-democratic in the same way.

1 Like

Yeah, every single one of these assholes who voted to secede will be running across the border to the US within a year, or begging the US to take them back. Shit, begging Mexico to take them back.

18 Likes