Ted Cruz lays out the scenario for Texas to secede from the United States and appoint Joe Rogan president

I was always taught as a child that one did not take arms against the US government and expect to survive…

But apparently, if you’re a Republican, it’s all white.

24 Likes

What would have happened back in February if President Biden hadn’t authorized FEMA to provide emergency assistance within a day of Abbott asking for it? Sending aid to a foreign country likely would take longer to set in motion.
Does Texas have the resources to recover from a hurricane without the support of the US federal government? If so how much longer will that recovery take without the support of FEMA? Hurricanes aren’t what I would call all that rare in Texas, based on the Wikipedia category “Hurricanes in Texas”

19 Likes

Additionally… they have a large coastline and no Navy to protect it.

Also, their power grid sucks ass.

Furthermore, there’s a large number of liberals in Texas and you can bet your sweet patootie that a majority of them are also armed. They just don’t advertise that fact.

27 Likes

No Ted, we already fought a war over this.

27 Likes

Didn’t the people living in DC vote against doing that, or was it a poll where it was a very unpopular option? Either way, I don’t think the people living there want that.

5 Likes

I’ll just observe that Lake Superior is wider.

And colder.

8 Likes

Those Military troops in Texas come from all over the country and most will not support leaving the USA .
They will not be willing to fight for Texas and most likely will fight back .

5 Likes

Well ok –– lookin forward to a wall at the texas border.

2 Likes

And they could call it New Yemen.

3 Likes

This song is apt.

Things that used to be one
Become divided being in halves
Violence turns into fear
Breath in duality, like twins start to feel

3 Likes

Take all you can Blobfish Traitor. We will still have FEMA.

Drown, burn, blow away Texas. Save your own asses.

Bootstraps.

7 Likes

I think that’s the case. They’d rather become a separate state.

7 Likes

I’m not sure about that. Over here, one of the things that Brexit has shown us is that you shouldn’t underestimate the will of conservative nationalist idiots.

18 Likes

FYI

Noteable: “If admitted to the union, the District would be the only plurality-Black state in the country.”

18 Likes

Names like Texit are amazing. If racism isn’t your first, second, and third priority, you might notice that Brexit has not gone terribly well. It’s like if politicians were naming their own scandals after Watergate.

23 Likes

My dream, Ted Cruz starting a government in exile, in Cancun.

7 Likes

That says a lot about his framing, for sure.

Come to think of it, how is Fox covering Brexit? Maybe they’re really downplaying just how much of a disaster it’s been…

13 Likes

My daughter says Canada doesn’t want him. At all. Ever.

11 Likes

Erie makes it easier for me and a lot of other interested parties to visit the Ted Cruz memorial buoy.

5 Likes

I figure if you won’t take Bieber back, you certainly won’t take Cruz.

4 Likes