Ted Cruz lays out the scenario for Texas to secede from the United States and appoint Joe Rogan president

Not going to quote your lengthy and excellent post…just wanted to say I agree with you and also I love you so fucking much for posting all of that.

Nowhere is safe, which is why (after much discussion), the Mr and I have decided to just stay in our familiar stomping grounds. There is nowhere safe to migrate to. These fascists are everywhere.

This is especially difficult for me psychologically in that historically, my recent ancestors (Kale) would simply pull up stakes and migrate to get away from the plentiful people who want to murder us. Then we would do our best to assimilate or keep to ourselves in the new area before the time came to leave again.

I’m not assimilating with these motherfuckers though. Fuck that.

19 Likes

princess-tutu-embarrassed-go-on

There are places that seem to be holding on by a thread, but could go at any minute.

That’s an act of resistance right there. We do have to keep holding on to who we are because that’s what scares them most - that they can’t cow us into submission.

12 Likes

The Founding Fathers, who as we know, directly channelled the Word of God, did not want DC as a State, and therefore making it one would be un-christian.

4 Likes

Ced Truz is the political equivalent of a sniveling toady in almost every fiction genre. Seriously, this guy is utterly worthless.

9 Likes

Isn’t that what I said?

4 Likes

Just trying to reiterate the fact that we’re already in it, since some people here are under the impression this is business as usual and that some of us are worth sacrificing for their own comfort.

10 Likes

Really?

If you really mean that then I am very worried.

23 Likes

Yeah, but see, it’s not a shooting war that impacts British white men, so it’s not real violence… /s

adventure time table flip GIF

19 Likes

We’ve been dealing with this level of nastiness for the last century or so. Its still a little early to start napalming Ted Cruz’s neighborhood.

5 Likes

Well shit.

I was aiming for “I just can’t see Texas avoiding bullets and bombs in the street the way the UK has managed so far.” But that was sloppy tired thinking, and I apologize for it. Particularly to anyone going through the anguish linked above.

13 Likes

Kind reminder that Texas has just under 30 million people in it at least and that the majority of them do not want this and have literally done nothing to deserve losing the protection of the US government.

Just a dystopian reminder for the day.

23 Likes

In many ways, Texas becoming a state is a model for Puerto Rico. Texas was forcibly annexed by the US then became a state. Both were previously Spanish colonies. The Texas request to join the US was at first denied.

And the flag of Texas looks suspiciously like the flag of Puerto Rico.

18 Likes

Ted Cruz suddenly, inexplicably becoming Joe Rogan’s obsequious lapdog…

So which one did Rogan insult, Ted’s wife or Ted’s father?

12 Likes

Anything to stick it to the libs…

12 Likes

27 Likes

[citation needed]

7 Likes

Good point!

4 Likes

Or to paraphrase: I’m not seeing the downsides here?

1 Like

We’re not stuck in the seventies. We have drones now.

7 Likes

Clearly not, as you still seem to think that a majority is not a democratic expression.

The difference is, that I didn’t say I did.

THREE votes have shown a majority favor statehood! Three.

Maybe he thinks those elections were rigged… /s

Exactly. They hide behind the obstructionist GOP to advocate for doing nothing.

The majority DO seem to want it, if the voting is any indication.

Apples and oranges. One does not cause another god damn civil war.

9 Likes