Ted Cruz lays out the scenario for Texas to secede from the United States and appoint Joe Rogan president

The Residence Act is what set up DC as the capital- straightforward legislation that can be revised.

The Capital was NY, then Philadelphia, then DC.

Additionally- the Supreme Court never determined the Constitutionality of returning parts of the District back to Virginia. It’s an open question as to the legality of this. But a closed political question.

Edit:

This is exactly what the Constitution says about the federal district:

Everything else is in the Residence Act. Legislation. Which Congress is empowered specifically to be able to do. The only limitation is that the federal district can’t be over a certain size.

Congress says that the Federal District is only the unpopulated federal buildings and parks. Everything is is now the state of - well - Washington is already taken.

State of Kathy has a nice ring.

11 Likes

Or Washington Partdeux…

10 Likes

11 Likes

If we really want the RWNs to melt down, we could name it Washington Aggregated Partdeux. It would melt what’s left of Cruz’s brain to see “WAP” on the US map…

11 Likes

Or Ben Shapiro, apparently a walking, whinging desiccant for women (including his wife).

10 Likes

I thought Trump was Cruz’s God-Emperor?

Appoint him as President (No need for pesky elections when God’s anointed is right in front of you) and watch other states flock to the new USA. :slight_smile:

These smug grinning loons are frightening as the mob demands ever more outrageous things and they rush to supply them with ever wilder conspiracy theories and plans.

But their followers are a fickle lot. Say the wrong thing and they will turn and rend their demagogues.

2 Likes

elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

15 Likes

Ooh, now there’s an idea! Let them have their dictatorship and get Trump out of the way too? I’m all for it!

Because Nazis are well known for being satisfied when their demands are met, and staying within their borders. :neutral_face:

19 Likes

So how many state ³representatives( does that remove from the political pool? They’d be doing us a big favor nullifying all of their gerrymandery work to date and resetting the country closer to on track.

4 Likes

You left out making Puerto Rico a State, Ted, you worthless shit…
I approve of all that… and ‘federalizing’ elections?
Oh, Ted, you worthless shit.
Nothing wrong with getting everyone on the Same Page, so there is no ambigutity as to the results.
But that isn’t what you want, is it, Ted, you worthless, shit?

Maybe for you, Ted, you worthless shit.

Oh, Ted, you worhtless shit, I thought you were supposed to be a Constitutional Scholar.
Evidently not.
Texas, like any other State, cannot secede from the Union.
This was settled over 150 years ago, Ted, you worthless shit.

Texas can, however, split into 5 pieces. Good luck determining the borders & Capitols of those new States.

Ted, you worthless shit, you are no Texan, so what is this ‘we’?
Sure, the MSC is located near Houston, but so what?
Gotta have the people there willing to run the place…

Ted, you dumb shit, those bases will ALL be Enemy Territory, as far as Texas is concerned.
You think the Texas National Guard is gonna overrun a Military Base of the United States?

Oh, so, the State of Texas [which it won’t be] is going to Nationalize Private Property?
Ted, you worthless shit, have you been a Communist this whole time?
Again, what is this ‘we’?
You aren’t a Texan, Ted, you worthless shit, & you never will be.

Any more than you are an actor…

11 Likes

I got this one weird trick.

1 Like

Not to mention that JPL, in Pasadena, builds all the unmanned hardware and runs their missions. The rovers get some attention, but I feel like most of their work doesn’t get as much attention as manned missions. Unmanned missions are also preferable because of cost and risk.

The territory of Washington that preceded the state was named so it wouldn’t be confused with the District of Columbia :man_shrugging:

That’s also a weird, technical argument–not the rallying cry he’s making. We all know what he’s getting at. It’s just that there used to be a vaneer of good faith reasoning.

1 Like

So Texans are like vampires.

1 Like

All National Guard troops are US Military troops. Ted clearly doesn’t understand this, either.

8 Likes

Yep, although Ted the worthless shit might think the Texas State Guard might be up to the task.
I doubt they have enough tanks, etc to do the deed.

1 Like

What is that, like a military cosplay troupe?

5 Likes

Or the abridged version of the US flag. (I mean really, do we need at those extra stars and stripes? One start and a stripe of each color ought to do it, right?)

4 Likes

I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter!

3 Likes

His newsletter is 15 pages of “Ted, you worthless shit” written out in longhand.

ETA That said, I’d also read it.

6 Likes