Ted Cruz to addiction scientists: "you can kiss my ass"

Originally published at: Ted Cruz to addiction scientists: "you can kiss my ass" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Mr. Cruz is an embarrassment to two countries - the one he was born in, and the one he now festers in.

23 Likes

It probably goes without saying that this is a guideline everyone is free to ignore anyway. I have no idea what the current guideline for alcoholic consumption is and I very much doubt Ted Cruz knows either.

19 Likes

I am confused, as he is Canadian-Born, how can he run for election as US President?

6 Likes

Last I checked 14/wk (2/day)(for men, anyhow).

4 Likes

He had dual citizenship as his mother was American. He renounced his Canadian citizenship the first time he ran for President.

8 Likes

If at least one of your parents is a US citizen then you are still a citizen by birth. John McCain was not born inside the United States either.

This is one of the many reasons the Republican obsession over Barack Obama’s birth certificate was so racist and hypocritical; even if he HAD been born in Kenya he still would have been a US citizen by way of his mother.

@soimless

IMG_0025

23 Likes

If the guvment wants me to drop down to two drinks a week they need to get rid of asswipes like Ted Cruz.

18 Likes

You know what, Ted Cruz? You feel free to ignore that recommendation. In fact, I encourage you to drink as much as you want. It’s not like you need to worry about killing off brain cells, and if your liver fails due to alcohol poisoning …

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

8 Likes

It’s a guideline, not a law. I hate when stupid people respond to benign advice with a belligerent, resentful “don’t yew tell me whut to do!” as though they’re insulted by the very IDEA that anyone on the planet might have more expertise on a given topic than themselves.

By all means, Ted, drink more than two a week. How about you start drinking right now and don’t stop until you’re in a coffin? That’ll show those uppity scientists with their concern for the public’s health.

15 Likes

The extra depressing bit is that this is transparently cynical enough that there’s basically no chance of getting an arrangement where Ted actually drinks more heavily in order to feel like he’s owning the libs.

Such an arrangement could have been mutually beneficial.

6 Likes

God, he’s red!

He looks like a bright red tomato dumbass

8 Likes

I’m twice ashamed that I didn’t know he was born in Calgary and that he was born in Calgary. Ang Lee might just have another Oscar winning film on his hands.

2 Likes

Discredit the science. Another step in defunding state funded addiction support. Or all social support networks for that matter. The only multi-pronged processes the right understand and can implement are those for deconstructing society. When they ran for election on the platform of “breaking things” they never said they would fix them afterwards.

14 Likes

his tough guy “friends.”

I’ll be impolite and suggest cutting it down to 2 beers a week is of lesser concern to these fellows.

2 Likes

I don’t even drink and I would take a bigger swig than that if I was trying to prove a point.

Also, the liberal media and radical left doctors say you shouldn’t stick ANY crayons up your nose. Ted Cruz should show that he won’t bow down to the woke left agenda and shove a whole 16 count box up his nose.

3 Likes

I appreciate what he’s done for Canada. Leaving.

7 Likes

You do make a good point about him natural-born citizen regardless. He probably didn’t need to renounce his Canadian citizenship. However I can see why he would. There would have been both left and right wing nutjobs suing to get him off the ballot in all 50 states. It’s a lot cheaper to renounce your Canadian citizenship than deal with that.

Ted Cruz: A man loved by no one.

5 Likes

Dragons Den Shut Up GIF by CBC

4 Likes