Ted Cruz wants to radicalize U.S. Muslim neighborhoods by sending police to "patrol and secure" them

It isn’t even then. It’s really just Godwin’s Observation: that if a Usenet thread goes on long enough, something will get compared to the Nazis. No judgement is implied.

6 Likes

What makes you think Cruz could give a coherent explanation of what is happening in Israel? All he is interested in, is what is happening in the bank accounts of potential donors and the minds of potential voters.

1 Like

It’s a standard trope in psychology of religion that extremists are more likely to flip from one religion to the other than non-extremists. This was demonstrated years ago by French research that showed that when Catholics moved to communist areas or jobs, or vice versa, the more committed to their original cause they were, the more likely they were to swap.
So you’re actually right…except that, as a politician, he would be putting far more effort into following electoral statistics.

3 Likes

That and generally identifying with Nazis on most issues.

That and the fundamentals don’t really vary that much from one extremist type to another. They have more in common with each other than more reasonable beliefs. Hence so many ex-Gestapo members found little trouble working for the Stasi.

A Christian Dominionist has more in common with an Islamicist when it comes to beliefs than a liberal/progressive. They simply swap out “Allah” for “God” in most things. Both hate secular government, democracy, womenfolk, gays, and Jews.

5 Likes

Christian here. We don’t want this shitlord either.

Edit: If he were to repent and start being a better human being (or as close to some kind of approximation as he can get) Maybe. Christanity is supposed to be all about second chances. As is though given he seems to have no hint of genuine remorse or thought he is going down a bad road? No.

6 Likes

So do Senators.

2 Likes

As Dennis González once put it, they’re lifting Armageddon right out of our wallets.

3 Likes

uh, wouldn’t he have to win something first?

1 Like

“Patrol?” Because terrorist cells are doing their planning on the sidewalk?

9 Likes

Absolutely the latter, no doubt in my mind.

3 Likes

People have this romantic notion that guys with uniforms and guns somehow emanate ‘security’ regardless of whether you have anything resembling a coherent strategy for using them or not. This sometimes pays off, if the opposition does you the favor of engaging in a sudden spree of highly visible violence and the people you have standing around can deliver a better response time; but if they just walk innocently past? Pure theater.

8 Likes

Tru dat - the food in the country would be shit without all the immigrants.

6 Likes

“I believe I can prove this dog is dangerous and should be put down. Here, let me show you …”

(begins poking dog with sharp stick.)

12 Likes

In perennially casually racist Australia anti-other sentiment remains strong, but a survey a few years ago showed an overwhelming majority of Australians enjoy the availability of cuisine from foreign cultures.

6 Likes

The stupid…it’s overwhelming and it burns…

5 Likes

"making the problem even worse"
I dont even…what?

1 Like

and wont they look smart (the police )in their black uniforms and shiny boots,personally I,ve been worried about you lot over there since some humorless sod decided to name your top internal security agency home land security ,I mean to say as far as i can recall the last country to use that particular nomenclature was germany in the 1930,s.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like we have Christians shooting up planned parenthood clinics or black churches here or random yahoos shooting a bunch of people for shits and giggles on a regular basis or anything.

17 Likes

Dafuq? He must be actively and aggressively avoiding anything resembling the news or an alternative viewpoint.