Ted Nugent last year: Covid is a scam! Ted Nugent this year: OK so I had Covid

Originally published at: Ted Nugent last year: Covid is a scam! Ted Nugent this year: OK so I had Covid | Boing Boing

9 Likes

14 Likes

Rudy Guliani and now Ted Nugent. Is there a term for once “respected” old men making fools of themselves before dying?

5 Likes

pivoting elegantly from denialism to racism

Can we take a moment to reflect on what a nicely turned phrase that is?

44 Likes

The schadenfreude is strong with this one.

15 Likes

I hate that I liked his music as a tweenager.

17 Likes

14 Likes

I am glad Ted has come to his senses.

Now how’s he going to help fix the mess he helped cause?

2 Likes

Nugent can just shut up and even NOT play the guitar. He can just go away into the woods of Michigan and never bother the rest of humanity again. Just another overly lionized mediocre white man who weaponzied his supposed “talent” to make the world a much worse place.

36 Likes

I know we aren’t supposed to wish people harm, but I am done being nice about this kind of thing.

Hundreds of thousands died because people like Ted Nugent twisted a pandemic into a political agenda. Even when they experience the awfulness of it themselves they spin it to promote their personal brand and their politics.

Thoughts and prayers for your next healthcare crisis, Ted. :crossed_fingers:

36 Likes

How many chances do they get? Because Ted was on the crazy train not long after he jumped off the giant concert stages. Ref: safari hunting game preserve, circuit of outdoors shows singing about trees, right-wing hoo-rah slide, etc.

6 Likes

Don’t forget his cooking…

5 Likes

14 Likes

Interesting theory.

33 Likes

Lester Bangs, on the subject, late-70s:

20 Likes

That dead transphobe can shut it, too.

15 Likes

I’m surprised he admitted it was Covid-19 instead of trying to pass it off as cat scratch fever.

25 Likes

Rolls eyes. Nugent is fucking exhausting. Every time I can not hear about/listen to him is a cherished moment.

8 Likes

As a rational Michigan native… allow me to say sorry… but also, we apparently weren’t conservative enough for him and he emigrated to Texas a while back… which makes all too much sense now.

11 Likes

I don’t blame the good people of Michigan for Nugent… I’m sure every single state has released some asshole onto the world…

I did not know that… He’s welcome to go wander out into the desert there then…

11 Likes