Tell us about your Halloween candy preferences, and other things besides

Hmm. They both have an odd orange color, bulgy shape, and marshmallowy texture, but circus peanuts smell faintly of bananas and Marmot Head Hitler smells (I assume) like ass and bad cologne.

5 Likes

Snickers 2016!

Special shout out to all the BBers out there who remember their parents going through their candy looking for pins and needles.

8 Likes

HELL YA PREACH BRO…

wait wat? Circus peanuts?

7 Likes

The only confirmed case of fatal Halloween candy was the parent’s doing:

He killed his son and attempted to kill his daughter with poisoned Pixy sticks to collect on their life insurance, and also poisoned three other kids to shift the focus off his family, because he was an actual literal fucking sociopath.

9 Likes

There’s been more recent ones where stuff was found in the kids candy and it was put there by the parents themselves, every time they’ve gotten busted for the fearmongering hoax.

5 Likes

i miss popcorn balls

8 Likes

When my friends and I hand out candy, it’s hard for us to keep from eating all of the Reese’s Cups. Especially if we find the dark chocolate ones. Oh man.

Pretty much anything that doesn’t get stuck in my teeth is fine with me. I even like candy corn, in moderation, but especially if it’s the kind that’s made with honey and doesn’t just taste like sugary wax lumps. (I even kind of like the pumpkins)

6 Likes

Candy buttons. Local deli (Seltzer’s!) sold it by the foot on a roll, some families would buy a length and cut it into short pieces for handing out.

4 Likes

Balls…

8 Likes

I won’t take it quite that far, as I do really like mint + chocolate (my favorite ice cream flavor has usually been mint chocolate chip). But there is definitely something to the argument that one’s chocolate candy shouldn’t necessarily be reminiscent of toothpaste.

Two Great Tastes That Taste Great Together = chocolate + peanut butter, now and forever.

ETA: I hope they print my manifesto about the correct way to eat an apple. I think everyone could learn something useful from my technique.

4 Likes

[quote=“Donald_Petersen, post:30, topic:88024”]
ETA: I hope they print my manifesto about the correct way to eat an apple. I think everyone could learn something useful from my technique.
[/quote]I’m hoping this involves oral consumption

3 Likes

Oh it does. I’m not that much of a revolutionary.

4 Likes

I doubt they will. The apple lobby is dominated by in-ciders.

14 Likes

You haven’t tried my dark chocolate cake, made with Bigelow’s mint tea substituted for coffee. :wink:

7 Likes

Any chocolate cake smart enough to employ mint instead of coffee gets my vote.

4 Likes

Chocolate + mint can be a lovely pairing, and let’s not forget the classic combinations of mint + lime (mojito), mint + raspberry, and mint + citrus.

Mint is also a wonderful addition to curries, lamb, fish, and the classic tzaziki sauce for gyros and falafel.

5 Likes

I will take everyone’s mint+chocolate stuff, and in return you can fish the coconut and peanut butter stuff out of my trash.

5 Likes

Chick-o-Sticks (we don’t know what that is)

If it’s like a Chiko Roll, joy. :smiley:

1 Like
5 Likes

So, not deep-fried then? Awww. :frowning2:

Perhaps this is why it’s not so popular in Australia. If we handed out deep-fried snacks, party pies, dimmies and soss rolls, I’m sure that would work.

2 Likes