Tell us about your Halloween candy preferences, and other things besides

My mom makes tamarind juice for me when i visit since i like it so much. Wouldn’t be too hard to add more water to get agua fresca. One can easily find the pods in practically any hispanic market, and sometimes you find the pulp packaged up for sale as well.

1 Like

I’m down to third-tier Halloween candy consumption. I only eat candy that was brought in by co-workers who have leftovers. Since I’m not very diligent, I don’t even get the pick of THAT, so no matter what I like, I basically get candy corn.

1 Like

I always have good luck with Smarties. People seem to overlook them for the high-end candy early on, and because of their shape or weight or whatever, they end up sinking to the bottom.

4 Likes

Since we are rural, we never know if the kids will show up or not. Sometimes, vanloads will decide to come up our road. We always buy plenty of candy, just in case. But we buy what we like ourselves, in case we get stuck with it. I prefer peanut butter cups.
When we are in north carolina for 10/31, we still live in the middle of nowhere, so we took the kids to the nearest town, which is also tiny. But all of the businesses and residents put tables out on the main street, and thousands of rural kids show up and do the mile-long stroll. My kids have outgrown it now, but it was nice. Most of the parents and shop owners would dress up as well as the kids, and there was some wonderful creativity.

4 Likes

Even as a kid i wasn’t huge on eating a lot of candy, so i probably would’ve ended up with the candy no one wanted. So i would hide my candy in my super secret place… and i would entirely forget about it until a week before the next halloween.

3 Likes

Smarties are good. Do they even sell smarties outside of Halloween? I thought they grew out of the bottom of the trick-or-treat bucket.

3 Likes

Pretty sure they do, but Halloween keeps me stocked the rest of the year.

1 Like

…an observation of my daughter’s that I illustrated.

9 Likes

I didn’t snub tic tacs. Does that make me a bad person?

1 Like

Are you the Trump Administration’s new propaganda minister for the USDA?

Of course not! Everybody knows tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables.

4 Likes

Just like pizza is!

2 Likes

Those are Rockets:

These are Smarties:

7 Likes

I have never seen those Smarties before. Perhaps we have bridged alternate candy universes.

2 Likes

Hint: not everyone on this forum is from the U.S.

7 Likes

Have you never been to Canuckistan? They have some awesome candy choices up there.

6 Likes

Nope! I will have to add a stop to my post-lottery-winning candy tour of the world. Blood Glucose willing, If I make it out of the Haribo factory and Gummibärenland alive, that is.

3 Likes

They look a lot like off-brand Fizzers to me. Maybe Refresher knock-offs.

ETA: No Artificial Colours? I AM DISAPPOINT.

5 Likes

Toffee.

4 Likes

Not to be confused with Fizzies. I’ve always wanted to dump a truckload of these into the varsity swim meet.

7 Likes