Tennessee lawmaker drinks from chocolate syrup bottle during legislative session without shame

I just buy the supermarket brand chocolate chips to keep around the house. it shows the price per ounce right on the label on the shelf; cheapest chocolate in the store. sure, there’s better chocolate out there, but it beats Nestle and is at least as good as Hershey. plus I prefer the bittersweet flavored chips over milk chocolate, which is the usual budget choice in the USA.

1 Like

To be fair, I haven’t done the Hershey’s syrup thing since I was a kid unable to just go out whenever I pleased to buy myself chocolate.

Now I’d be more inclined to do something like get a classy-looking hip flask, but fill it with mini chocolate chips. Keep people guessing, either way.

3 Likes

When a Republican does something good for the environment, we should applaud him. Seriously.

5 Likes

Considering that this guy is a legislator, I’m definitely going with whiskey, rum, or some other non-clear booze mix.

It’s how I’d spend my time in congress…

4 Likes

It’s booze, definitely booze. If he wanted folksy, he should’ve gone with a bell jar (and straight moonshine).

2 Likes

Indeed, Chocolate syrup is just

4 Likes

3 Likes

“The greatest lay I’ve ever had”.

Just sayin’.

1 Like

1 Like

That may or may not happen with the maple syrup bottle in our house.

Any chocolate syrup that I might be so foolish as to bring into the house will be immediately and totally consumed by the feral teenagers within.

2 Likes

“Of course I’m not drinking chocolate syrup. You people must really think I’m a deviant. No, I sanitized and re-purposed this bottle and now I keep my purple drank in it.”

4 Likes

Hershey’s of any description, liquid or solid, is pushing the definition of chocolate somewhat imo.

4 Likes

““It’s a repurposed syrup bottle that I drink my water out of,” Calfee said Tuesday, according to the newspaper. “I’m not going to buy a $25 or $35 or $45 water bottle”

Bullshit - it’s Sterno. And no one pays that much for a cheap water bottle - which he’s gotten hundreds of as promotional items at events for free anyway.

1 Like

Wow… I had to look that up and sure enough, it’s a thing. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised given the level of woo some people buy into.

If I want gemwater, I’ll be doing this.

TLDW: Guy in video burns diamonds, extracts the CO2 and uses it to carbonate water

1 Like

I have also been known to drink straight from the chocolate syrup bottle. You can’t shame me! Syrup drinkers unite!

1 Like

I seem to recall studies suggesting that re-using disposable bottles is sure to contaminate the water therein with accumulated bacteria or BPA or something – but then, I doubt purposefully re-usable bottles are necessarily that much better.

How fortunate this, at least, did not take off:

I expect someone is just waiting to make a stink along the lines of, “Uh-oh, did accepting that promotional $45 water bottle subsequently influence your legislative decisions!?” Such are the times in which we live.

1 Like

“The general provision goes on to state that a Member, officer, or employee may accept from any other source virtually any gift valued below $50”

4 Likes

Its behaviour like yours that has lead to the kids eating Tide Pods. For shame!!!

All I can think of is Butthole Surfers’ “Cough Syrup.”