Terrorism Detective: What Is the Inspiration for all this Violence?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/21/terrorism-detective-what-is-t.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH it’s a race against the clock, as Terrorism Detective must find the puzzling factor inspiring recent terrorism violence!

11 Likes

58 Likes

Those inhuman bastards.

10 Likes

Sadly brilliant.

21 Likes

All Trump did was identify a group of losers and tell them it’s someone else’s fault that they suck. It’s literally One Weird Trick for starting a death cult.

We should be able to use this trick for good.

28 Likes

I’d suggest the cartoon was laying it on a little thick, but it’s reality that’s being unsubtle right now.

39 Likes

Great idea, but I’ve never heard of Divide And Conquer being used for good. How would that work?

14 Likes

“Those guys over there are different to us! They don’t think the way we do! They hold to a different value system! Maybe we should engage them in trenchant debate and seek to find some middle ground that recognises and celebrates our differences while mitigating any misunderstand that might arise from them…” Darn, it started out so well :frowning:

14 Likes

Satire is dead.

7 Likes

Those inglorious bastards. FTFY

12 Likes

Facebook won’t let me post it lol. I can’t figure out why. do they not allow boing boing posts?

2 Likes

I won’t link it, but conservative mouthpieces are saying the “Trump” photo spelled out with guns is a “hoax” (their putative evidence being that the photo was already online).

I dont even trust that claim, but even if it were true and the photo isnt original to the shooter, it doesnt take away from he himself choosing and posting the photo.

[EDIT: The fact is that the shooter “liked” the Trump/gun photo on Twitter.]

5 Likes

How hard could it be? Trump convinced these guys that their problems are caused by immigrants, of all things. It should be a snap to convince them their problems are caused by investment bankers or big pharma.

My only concern is that there’s a lot of truth to that, and the fellas seem to do a sharp U-turn when they get near a verifiable fact.

5 Likes

That doesn’t sound to me like more divide and conquer.

It sounds like what we should be doing: unite and conquer.

23 Likes

I was SURE that “Trump wants to buy Greenland” was from a parody site when I heard it.

13 Likes

It’s funny making me swear copiously because it’s true.

Also: Trump cancels visit to Denmark when they won’t sell him Greenland. (I kept having to recheck that it was an actual Donald Trump tweet and not a parody account.)
Also also: All the conservatives flipping out because the NYT did some articles about the history of slavery, and how, according to them, the writers were looking at it “through a racial lens” etc. It’s the weirdest self-parody, to the point where the Onion article about it was basically just expanding slightly on what was actually said.

19 Likes

I don’t understand how a racial lens isn’t appropriate to use when considering the history of slavery. It’s a racial institution. It’d be inappropriate not to look at it through a racial lens.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s a totally self-parodying statement by those white conservatives who “don’t want to talk about race” (but are always happy to dog-whistle away).

10 Likes

The problem is that going after a minority population is easy and relatively consequence-free, whereas going after investment bankers, i.e. actually powerful people, is hard and risky.
Why risk a real loss when you can repeatedly enjoy a fake win?

10 Likes

Yeah. And on top of that, how can we expect the 99.9% to unite against the .1% when very few of them even see the .1% as their enemies?

6 Likes