Tesla Cybertruck fixed with vaporwave

And that’s what people said back in the late 80s-early 90s when the melted look for cars came in. You’ll get over it. I promise.

5 Likes

Surprisingly, you may have just convinced me this is the goal. Elon is hoping for a military contract or two.

3 Likes

The fact that it might upset your average pickup truck aficionado certainly increases its appeal with me, I have to confess. I fear, though, that Musk is well and truly operating in yes-man la-la land at this point, and that it might ship without some non-demo-dazzle feature like steering.

8 Likes

Who do you guys think jumpstarted the self driving tech?

A: DARPA.

5 Likes

and now it’s cordless!

6 Likes

And while normally I’d celebrate alternatives to Koch Industries’ Dixie brand, at least the Koch family does some philanthropy in addition to all their libertarian policy crap. The Dart brothers, whose Dart Container owns the Solo brand, went so far as to renounce US citizenship because they hated paying taxes so much.

4 Likes

I now live in Europe. The only two things I miss from the USA are bear claw donuts and truck nuts.

3 Likes

I can send you some truck nuts.

5 Likes

If they were packed in bear claws to avoid breakage, I’d take you up on the offer.

10 Likes

Somehow, despite being a rabid fan of Dark Star and They Live, I was entirely clueless re. the existence of this questionable nugget of a film …

3 Likes

Pretty.
However the driver can see less than this Shire Horse, so I’m going to say no, thanks.

5 Likes

Where we’re going - you don’t have to see…

11 Likes

I shall just assume that’s enouraging rather than terrifying.

5 Likes

The Lego version will only have what… maybe 4 different types of blocks.

7 Likes

The pic in the article now looks like one of those cereal box “toys” where you cut out the cardboard shape, fold it up and hope the drinking straw axles stay in place.

10 Likes

They’ll be ideal against adversaries unable to soft-pitch a baseball.

Which, if they’re just used to round up liberals after the coming military-corporate coup, will probably be fine.

4 Likes

On the other hand, you will never lose it in a parking lot.

2 Likes

This thing is a monstrosity. It looks like a weapon. It is affordable to a pretty small subset of humans. It does seem to be generating quite a bit of excitement and sales so I guess he knows what he’s doing. And the wealthy are probably going to need bullet-proof cars in the not-so-distant future.

4 Likes

But you can’t blame me for trying.

7 Likes

A bit rambling at first but he eventually makes some interesting points.

7 Likes