Tesla Cybertruck fixed with vaporwave

By truck standards the base model’s price of $40,000 is not that bad. A base model F-150 runs about $30,000 for comparison. This is clearly aiming to be the Model 3 of trucks. Fuel and repair costs will almost certainly make it cheaper than the F-150 over it’s lifetime. While it’s true that close to nobody in sub-Saharan Africa will be able to afford a new one, that’s also true of all existing trucks.

7 Likes

If it’s any consolation, the Jazz Solo cup predates the Solo takeover by Dart Container.

Actually it was originally designed by Sweetheart Cup Company in the 1990s, well before Sweetheart was bought by Solo (and then Dart still later).

9 Likes

I’m on the list already.

2 Likes

I thought it said “vaporware” up until I read your comment and really stared at the title.

2 Likes

Paint it purple, add another axle and install a couple of cannons, we’re going to the moon!

12 Likes

I still can’t quite accept that it isn’t “vaporware.” I know it, intellectually, but I don’t accept it at the gut level. My mind keeps substituting “vaporware.”

4 Likes

It’s supposed to be ugly; it’s an artifact of a technofuture dystopia riddled with environmental collapse and social decay in which even the nature of our own realities can no longer be trusted.

19 Likes
10 Likes

Assaulting your eyes is it lmao it really is ugly though, who designed this and was then validated by no one saying no

Pedant Pendant badge on Boing Boing BBS :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a hint: My 15-y.o. son thinks it looks badass.

5 Likes

He should launch this after his roadster with A Flock of Seagulls playing on continuous loop.

2 Likes

Still needs corner markers of a sort (maybe Deco styled Red-Yellow variegated stuff) and projection lighting of lower- and upper-deck diversity (handball courts down low, wheelchair b-ball atop) to distinguish it from ICE in Brooklyn.

That doesn’t go all-in with the CyberTruck theme though. Matrix screensaver (maybe with emojis over transitive Japanese) on one ‘screen’ per polygon?

Half the truck painted tile-mapping (Imagination Semi.) of brutalist photo landscapes, the other half triangulated (nVidia?)

Simpler can be better. Mary Kay treatments, but with RoundUp logos (and lots of ‘skin tags’ to stick on?)

10 Likes

Always a delight reading your posts.

6 Likes

Needs more.

4 Likes

Telling that Elon went with Decker’s truly boring ground vehicle instead of the far more awesome flying Spinners. Where’s my flying Cybertruck, Elon?

1 Like

As someone who drives an FJ Cruiser, the Cybertruck is positively bursting with visibility.

I got myself on the list Saturday. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Best reaction i’ve seen so far :stuck_out_tongue:

Credit:https://twitter.com/Merryweatherey/status/1198335038452043776

9 Likes

Looking at this vehicle, I wonder how pedestrians will fare when getting hit by that weird, angular nose; it seems to lack much space for a crumple zone.

1 Like

I’d never heard of an FJ Cruiser before. That thing looks so hilariously cute.

1 Like