Tesla driver attempts to fill car with gasoline

They have it wrong. This is where you top off the brake light fluid

8 Likes

That video makes me kinda sad.

7 Likes

To be charitable, maybe she had borrowed the car and thought it polite to fill it up before returning it.

11 Likes

You need a fluid to break your lights? Why do you want them broken in the first place?

2 Likes

I have no idea what you are talking about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems likely she was borrowing someone else’s car and trying to be nice by returning it with a full tank. I applaud the sentiment while simultaneously wondering how anyone can not know about Teslas these days, whether we want to or not.

Kind of jerky to wait to see if she’d actually try to open the nozzle into the charge port, but at least they told her eventually and blurred the license plate.

5 Likes

Old Fiat 600 had the petrol tank under the hood. If one doesn’t know the trick it’s difficult to refill. By the way change gear it’s a bit difficult because 1st gear doesn’have syncromesh.
2 Likes

Yeah, hopefully, and she wasn’t stuck out somewhere in a car without power or means to recharge it…

1 Like

But how often do you go back to first? About as often as you select reverse. The reverse on my 2018 VW doesn’t have synchro either (or not much anyway).

I suspect that with rapid chargers, we’re going to see a slow transition from fuel station to charge station. Since charging will never be as fast as a fuel up, I’m guessing we’re going to see added amenities like lounges and more food options.

I suspect Hotels will soon get to the point where almost every parking spot has a charge point, either included in the room price like the waffle, or charged to the room like room service.

Also, depending on how fast “rapid charging” works, we may also see restaurants adding charge points in hopes that people will decide to get a meal instead of waiting in the gas station.

Malls and shopping centers will probably also offer fee-based charge points, although not for the majority of their spots. One of our local malls already does, but they have a Tesla store in the mall.

7 Likes

“Muttley from the wacky racers”

That’s about the most obscure reference that I have heard in years.
Take it all the way. Dastardly and Muttley and their flying machines.

Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

No, no. The fluid is ready and waiting to automatically stick them back together when someone fails to brake and breaks your lights.

2 Likes

Coincidently, it was a year ago yesterday that I learned some Smart cars have an air intake where someone could think it’s the fuel cap.

'Cos on 15 Dec last year, someone refueled a Smart car at my local service station through the air intake. When she started the car, it exploded.

[ETA: Here’s a link that doesn’t object to adblocking and is neither The Sun nor the Daily Mail.]

1 Like

I’m 48 years old and half the time I look at a paper map, I end up trying to zoom the thing with my fingers.

Also, I drive a Nissan Leaf and I hate pulling into a gas station to get a drink because I always feel like a jackass parking at the gas pumps.

10 Likes

Seems its often the construction workers who get safety and first aid training, and are exposed to more than their fair share of disasters in progress. So they jump in when something goes south.

Some years ago there was a serious fire at a petrol station here. A passing plumber ran over to press the emergency stop on the LPG pumping system, and was praised for saving a bunch of lives.

1 Like

Oh I dunno if it was obvious, I was laughing pretty much just the same wa— ooohhhhhhh.

5 Likes

Oh, don’t be sad.

Be FRIGHTENED. :astonished:

Nah. just joshing, just get a kick out of how weird as fuck life in the 21st Century is, and we’ll just see where this whole show goes… :partying_face:

1 Like

Holy shit that’s the hardest I’ve laughed in a while. I’m not sure what was funnier. The guys laugh or the lady trying to find the gas cap?

1 Like

10 Likes

File it with sump gasket, comes in 25 segments for easy packing.