Tesla just announced a... DeLorean Monster Truck?

That’s the 1970 Lancia Bertone Stratos, but with the engine hood in the back opened up (making that shark fin shape).

6 Likes

Not until the LX and EX versions come out…

12 Likes

16 Likes

*beedybeedybeep* Just my luck.

4 Likes

I have to agree, that’s a much more reasonable update to the classic pickup design, one that’s likely to be more attractive to buyers. But what do I know, I drive a Hyundai.

2 Likes

i don’t even drive, but i like it. it’s the future that we dreamed of when we were kids, clearly. Damnation Alley was my first thought, too. more futuristic-looking vehicles like this, please!

8 Likes

Is Musk also working on futuristic ATVs?

3 Likes

Someone beat him to it…

4 Likes

I’m immediately reminded of the Pontiac Aztek.

9 Likes

a 14,000-pound tow claim, a 3,500-pound payload claim, three ranges (200 miles, 300 miles and 500 miles), adaptive air suspension and a base price of $39,900 for the rear-wheel drive single-motor version. The max range version, with all-wheel drive and three electric motors, is said to be $69,900.

I know, I know, it’s ugly and it’s easy to dunk on Musk and these specs haven’t been demonstrated yet, BUT if it gets within spitting distance of these kinds of numbers, that’s a pretty damn impressive feat of engineering.

10 Likes

But you put a rail gun on it, and you can run the weapon and its prime mover off the same batteries. No need to tow a generator. Big saving there.

7 Likes

Comes with Truck-Nutz emblazoned with the Tesla emblem.

10 Likes

If you’re talking cyber vehicles than you can’t beat the Auto Car from 1983’s Automan.

6 Likes

I’m okay with this.

2 Likes

If we’re talking about specs, I’d go with the Cybertruck. But, if we’re talking about looks (and maybe some decent specs too), the Rivian wins hands down.

Elon went too far into the future (as predicted by old sci-fi movies) without taking the baby step that Rivian is promoting.

3 Likes

I’d drive one, no question. It’s a massive shift in modern vehicle design and I’m here for it.

Yes it hearkens back to the 80’s. Fine. Gimme weird vehicles any day over general, boring ones.

11 Likes

4 Likes

Can I use this to carry 10 sheets of plywood - No

Can I use this to carry a ladder - No

I’d be willing to buy a a TESLA truck if it didnt look like a fucking spaceship and meets my needs.

10 Likes

not a flamethrower.

2 Likes

FWIW, I can use my Fiat 500e to carry a ladder. It just requires some tie downs and a flag.

2 Likes