Texans believe snow a government plot

Uh oh, what happens if you try to boil water with the candle that smells like gwyneth paltrows vagina?

4 Likes

You end up with a perfect setup for a good old fashioned vaginal steaming?

3 Likes

So, they believe the federal government can make it snow like this, and do so at will, in retaliation for something…

And their response is what? Provocation?

That would be as smart as, while being mugged by an armed gunman, being as insulting and provoking as possible, refusing to comply, and daring him to kill you.

So, the stupid goes at least two levels deep: ‘The government has secret powers that let them destroy our state at will’, and ‘because the government can destroy us at will with their secret biden snow powers, we should provoke and insult them at every opportunity’

5 Likes

Gwyneth Palt-pho

2 Likes

I grew up in northern Canada. Can confirm.

5 Likes

Where I’m from it was fairly common for tourists from “up north” to let their dogs sniff around the edge of the huge water-filled drainage ditches that checker-boarded residential neighborhoods.
And wouldn’t you know it? Some poor pupper would get chomped and the local paper would run the pic of the northern lady crying, still holding a leash with a little frayed end.
And we’d think ‘how dumb can these people be?’
But then it turned out that people who don’t have 90 kilo prehistoric death reptiles literally swimming though their neighborhoods never had to know about this stuff.
This is why the idea of ‘common sense’ is so sketchy.
Honestly, I had no idea why the snowball wouldn’t melt or why it would track so differently from an ice cube.
The real problem here isn’t that people ‘didn’t learn about snowballs versus ice cubes in high school’ the way other commentors are commenting - it’s the typical conspiratorial thinking error where lack of knowledge is mistaken for knowledge that something is lacking. “i don’t know why the snow ball isn’t melting” turns into “I know that the snowball should be melting.”
“Lake effect snow” you say? Pics or it never happened. /s

12 Likes

This is just a variant of a classic anti-Semitic trope that the Rothschilds control the weather. Three years ago a D.C. councilmember made the newspapers because he was pushing this idea, but he issued a nice fauxpology and is apparently still in office.

4 Likes

Did you mean “pelt pho”? I assume you are talking about beaver?

2 Likes

Bacon is fake too! Try cooking it with your lighter.

2 Likes

just like grandma used to make

3 Likes

Here’s a shortcut to the good bits of the phil plait debunking video mentioned in the OP

You can watch the snowball self-absorb the water as it melts

5 Likes

Crap like this is exactly why I hold the position that being this incredibly dumb is not fatal enough.

I’m not going to say “Man, how do these people not get hit by buses crossing the street?” Because the last person dumb enough to have me say that about them actually got hit by a car crossing the street a couple of weeks later… Actually “Man, how do these people not get hit by buses crossing the street?”.

2 Likes

Slush funds

11 Likes

We already got the exact same conspiracy theory in France back in 2018, where it didn’t take too long to be debunked with the two classical experiments mentioned above (freezer ice + lighter, and outside snow in the pan/microwave)

3 Likes

It’s equally chilling that this is the first time that I’m hearing that the likes of Ted Cruz and Betsy deVos are associating with AfD politicians. Apparently associating with the actual, literal far right isn’t even worth media scrutiny anymore in the US?

5 Likes

One nice thing about this is that it provides an opportunity to talk about how snow functions when exposed to heat. It isn’t intuitive, even to those of us who are exposed to a lot of snow, or you wouldn’t see nearly as many people getting damage from roof dams. Early in the blackouts there were a lot of pictures of people trying to melt loose snow in stovetop pans and people had to correct them that they were leaving enough air pockets that it would take ages to melt. Sometimes it helps to let wacky conspiracy theorists point out where our education may be weak and correct it more broadly.

1 Like

DeVos money funded anti-lockdown groups that later showed up at the Capitol. They’re all the actual, literal far right.

Even John Bolton, enemy of Donald Trump, but still an enemy himself.

8 Likes

Wish I could remember were I nabbed this from. Sorry, whoever you are, for it is very fine.

10 Likes

I get the idea that mass shootings are faked as a pretext for taking away guns, but why cover TX in fake snow? And why “fake snow”? Is the recipe of cold air and water droplets too complicated? “Screw it. Lets just use plastic. Millions of square miles of plastic.”

3 Likes

To “prove” that the Chinese/NWO plot about fake climate change is real. How else besides hoaxes like that and climate change are the furriners and child-trafficking Illuminati devil worshippers going to convince hard-working, white Jesus-fearing Americans to submit to the tyranny of the state? Wake up, sheeple!

For conspiracy nuts, it’s not complicated enough. In these stories, the mechanisms of the evildoers have to be overly complex and “un-natural” mad-scientist inventions (see also the 5G nanotrackers Bill Gates is delivering in the “Covid vaccines”). That makes things more science-y for the rubes.

3 Likes