Texas cops smell weed in black woman's car so they stick hand up her vagina in public

This is even worse than the cops taking you to a actual hospital and having forced enemas and forced proctoscopies by actual doctors (that happened in New Mexico recently).

I think. Or maybe it’s getting so bad (or has already been so bad) that such comparisons no longer mean anything.

5 Likes

So how much money do cities have to pay out before they reign in their jack booted thugs (the police)?

5 Likes

It is about 0.5 gram. For scale, a typical commercial cigarette has about 0.7 gram of tobacco.

there appears to be no limit to the amount of settlement money cities are willing to pay out to avoid requiring their police forces to be accountable for their actions. some cities have put out hundreds of millions over the past 10-20 years and are still doing it.

5 Likes

The deeper problem is that, like with corporate exploitation, people are willing to take the money from these fiends instead of serving justice.

When the few lord their abuse over the many, the powerful approach, the one which can actually defeat the rich and entrenched interests, is: “Your money isn’t good here”.

4 Likes

Officer Gropes must have dropped his empty bag while searching the car. Get rid of some trash. Stitch up a black bitch. Two birds. One stone. Welcome to Houston.

In good Texas fashion, I pray for his soul (to end up in prison).

1 Like

We need to get Marshall Space Flight Center out of there first though. I can think of at least a dozen decaying rustbelt cities that would love the economic infusion MSFC would bring, and whose cops don’t behave like they’re in a 21st century remake of DW Griffith’s Birth of a Nation.

2 Likes

I :heart: ed this AND agree with milliefink’s comment:

Why did I like it? Because, the sentiment is right, it is shocking, and people should feel despair at this. (It is factually wrong though, “Have we no humanity left” seems to point towards some sort of recent tipping point, which seems to me is Millie’s point))

But what so wrong about it? Nothing really. The question is: What function does shock and despair have? Because merely finding this shocking is also a form of protection for the privileged, it frames this event as an especially egregious event when it is sadly ordinary. It frames this as notable because it seems to cross some threshold of human decency which power never dared cross before. It has.

I would argue that feeling this way is also a defense. A reflexive defense, not a conscious one, but really not hard to understand either, when somebody points out our perceptual blind spots it can be unsettling.
I mean you don’t deny the truth of the argument, so why deny that feeling hurt at having our deficencies pointed out says more about us than about the person making the observation?

2 Likes

Not sure I want to see them sitting with the Saudis in the UN .

People are free to use what drugs they choose, and to not be invasively searched by people who can’t mind their own business. The cop is lucky they didn’t get their hand broken, which is what should have happened. But, hey, it’s still early in the year.

With your reactionary whining about drugs and whorishness, it’s pretty rich that you are the one complaining of MORAL OUTRAGE. Are you are an irony mule, smuggling irony for the gestapo?

ETA: I was replying to a victim-blaming troll who was eaten

1 Like

i generally choose not to flag much. i find it a useful counterexample to leave samples of poor thinking skills and execrable rhetorical abilities on display. i must say, though, this thread’s exemplar is getting a bit tiresome.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed due to a large number of community flags.

What a wakeup! Geez!

10 Likes

7 Likes

So she was forcibly confined, and brutally sexual assaulted in public, purely based on suspicion?

Land of the free indeed

4 Likes

i understand why you rinsed it all out but i think i provided as fine an example of damning someone with their own words as i’ve had the chance to do in a while. good luck with the heartburn :wink:

1 Like

You did. But I had to gobble it all.

5 Likes

Cheers. Needed that.

4 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me?