Texas Gov. Greg Abbott begins gruesome persecution of trans children and their parents

13.3% is a large margin. I won’t quibble over “vast” or “not vast”, so if you don’t think it’s vast, it’s not.

But as much as I like Austin and Galveston, I’m still not vacationing in Texas.

4 Likes
21 Likes

This. Even when people (men AND women) aren’t obviously looking at your chest, they’ve definitely sized it up within the first second of seeing you.

11 Likes

https://progresstexas.org/

7 Likes

I had a sit-down with my wife and youngest last night to talk this through, since if it comes to it, I will certainly not be the only one affected. In the end, after a number of unrepeatables (very out of character for my wife) we came to the same conclusion. We are at a point in our lives where, if we had to get by, we could. And so the decision was made. Desperately hoping it never comes to this, but if it does, the talk has already been done and the decision made. So there is that. Fucking stupid timeline…

30 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

15 Likes

Thank you.

11 Likes
19 Likes

That’s great
Not Doing That No Way GIF by CBC

9 Likes

I’m willing to bet that none of them even bothered to talk to some trans kids and their families.

But I’m sure they’ve had discussions with plenty of cis people about trans people.

21 Likes

angry the simpsons GIF

16 Likes

Ugh.

We need an “I appreciate you posting this” button

18 Likes

Yeah, there are a lot of posts I feel awkward hitting a :heart: Over

20 Likes

Over on another site I frequent, we’ve often acknowledged a heart doesn’t always mean that you love the content. Sometimes it’s simply an appreciation of passing along the information or “I see you and your feelings are valid, friend.”

19 Likes

Yeah - that is how I think of it now. “Thank you”, not “Like”

These days, doubley so

14 Likes

I :heart: every “Celebrity Death” but it’s an acknowledgement of the person who passed away.

(Rarely it’s because I’m happy about it, but I know one death that I will celebrate. Actually, make that a few deaths. :wink:)

12 Likes

There are a couple that haven’t happened yet that I will need a bigger “like” button for. @codinghorror should get to work on that so it’s ready

12 Likes

That’s not a “like”, that’s a coin on their headstone.

9 Likes

You’re a good man and we love you, Doc.

20 Likes

But they are bound by the word of the holy sacrament, the constitution, and if it did not explicitly say that you can’t discriminate against trans kids, then, sadly, their hands are tied… /s

Angry Ufc GIF

14 Likes