Texas Lt. Gov. threatens to remove Biden from ballot after Colorado booted Trump (video)

Originally published at: Texas Lt. Gov. threatens to remove Biden from ballot after Colorado booted Trump (video) - Boing Boing

6 Likes

He’s the least likable of the Lt. Dan’s I know of.

I mean, I only know two, but the other one is a great guy.

11 Likes

This is my surprised face.

They couldn’t even wait for the decision. This is what abusive bullies with poor impulse control do.

29 Likes

This is the political equivalent of “But Mommmmmm! It’s not faaaaiiiiiirrrrrrr!”

Fucking craven cynics.

22 Likes

Texas will likely not have a free or fair election for some time already. It’s quite likely we haven’t for years anyway. Let them do it. It changes nothing unless Texans can overpower the GOP enough to flip this State which is unlikely.

That’s my take so far though. The Texas GOP doesn’t like people voting because it highlights how unpopular their fucked up policies are and how deep their corruption goes. I don’t see the state flipping. So who cares if they disenfranchise the rest of us here, let them and let the courts settle it later. May it be the thing that breaks their power over us here one day.

20 Likes

Was there something stopping them from doing this earlier?

You know, besides lacking any evidence and a sure loss in court.

30 Likes

I thought he was going to sacrifice himself to save the economy? My trust has been shattered!

18 Likes

Our federal government is supposed to police this kind of thing. You’re arguing we’ve already failed.

2 Likes

If the President was elected by the popular vote, I’d be worried. As it is, this move reinforces the notion that elections are pregamed to be “in the bag” for a particular candidate or party and not dependent on messy things like popular sentiment.

6 Likes

I’m not really arguing anything tbh. Not everything is an argument.

If they successfully do this it won’t matter nationally. And the wheels of the Fed are slow. If it’s like Mississippi it will not be fast enough to change anything for this election, but it probably won’t impact the outcome either.

I live with these consequences as a reality. This is how I go about doing so.

There is nothing to argue really from my POV.

Thinking about it though I also disagree with your assumptions here too. I am saying that we, the people of Texas, may have to wait until after the election cycle to see anything done about our disenfranchisement at the Federal level and I can live with that because it’s already been a long time coming.

19 Likes

For a fascist, the game is only fair when they win. If you use the rules of the game against them, they’ll use a part of the rules to harm you worse than you just did them. They don’t care about the rules or process, they care about power and control.

23 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

When I read the headline, the first thing I thought was

Then I saw all the flagged posts from our New User of the Month.
Hanks really

00ef1583-c48b-48f4-8b3e-f6f174badefe_text

tumblr_inline_oteq30EyPy1qiwgw3_400

8 Likes

Oh, that guy! I remember at time he said that, I thought to myself “Yeah, if I was his father, I might want to die of shame, so he’s kind-of got a point. But it doesn’t seem to be as broad or general as he thinks.”

5 Likes

Ye shall know them by their complete lack of imagination.

6 Likes

…and that single, lonesome brain cell they share amongst themselves.

6 Likes

Their angry, racist, bigoted brain cell…

7 Likes

Yup. That thing is harshly taxed, runnin’ back and forth, helping them spew their bigoted gobbledegook.

6 Likes

I never lived in Texas, but I miss Ann Richards.

11 Likes