Texas teacher who tweeted Trump her school was 'taken over' by 'illegal students from Mexico' may be fired

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/04/texas-teacher-who-tweeted-trum.html

3 Likes

I didn’t know I was being a stupid racist… says every stupid racist ever.

57 Likes

Adios Chica, better luck next time.

tumblr_m6ueo5BlJH1r4u9wdo1_400

33 Likes

37 Likes

Does anyone in this class know what country Texas used to be a part of?

44 Likes

Dontcha mean Tejas? :innocent:

22 Likes

Texas is the Crimea of the USA.

Also, I am tremendously impressed with her use of the word “recrimination”. That’s like, five syllables

12 Likes

Yes, just short of six.

5 Likes

Mexico, then the Confederacy? The only state that seceded twice in order to keep slaves.

22 Likes

“Taken over” how? Like one of those Red Dawn scenarios?

14 Likes

she didn’t know her tweets to President Trump were public

TBF, that in and of itself is rapidly becoming a reason to fire someone.

28 Likes

I used to chuckle when I saw a news article about Texas wanting to secede. Now, I am thinking we just give back Texas to Mexico and let them deal with it. We would be better off…

6 Likes

Today I learned that a big reason the US immigrants to Mexican Texas rebelled and declared independence was because Mexico outlawed slavery, and a lot of those American immigrants to Texas relied on slave labor. Puts a whole new spin on ‘remember the Alamo’ dunnit?

36 Likes

“You know ma’am, if you do a google image search for illegal immigrant crime statistics you see chart after chart showing that they commit far fewer crimes than the native born population, and that as both legal and illegal immigration has risen the crime rate has gone down. Go ahead, google it.”

39 Likes

I find it hiliarous she some how thought this was private… though I guess if one NEVER used Twitter, this might be understandable. Sad, but understandable.

I wonder if we paid teachers better we might have better apples to pick from?

9 Likes

I like how she is claiming statics will vindicate her position - when the opposite is true. Is this what they mean by “Fake News?”

16 Likes

Facts have a well known liberal bias, dontcha know?

26 Likes

I must confess that up until just now, having barely tweeted anything other than contest entries, I somehow had the idea that starting a tweet with @[username] automatically makes it a private DM visible only to the recipient.

It’s bloody insidious, isn’t it? It’s the same thing that caught Anthony Weiner.

2 Likes

Pfft. Google is only good for proving that vaccines cause autism, and that global climate change is a Chinese hoax. Any other information you might find is a librul hoax!

5 Likes

Someone who ‘doesn’t know’ that twitter is public shouldn’t be allowed on the internet; let alone teaching anyone’s kids anything.

30 Likes