Thanksgiving Recipes 2022

First time trying a chocolate pecan pie.
It overflowed badly, looks terrible, tastes great!

15 Likes

My daughter put her new boyfriend (European, but went to school in London) on making the pecan pie.

He used a mallet and a ziploc bag to crush the pecans into nearly flour. As a result, there was no gel to the pie filling. Actually, it reminded me of British walnut tarts, which I’ve never liked because the walnuts are mashed into almost-flour.

Two countries separated by a common language.

Not the funniest mishap of our wonderful Thanksgiving this year — more later, I’m running out again — but definitely the one that fits this topic!

17 Likes

Looks like a delicious chocolate-pecan caldera. I’d eat it!

11 Likes

I immediately knew which company. I’d prefer the “heritage” recipes, personally.

8 Likes

Year-end holiday (of whatever type you celebrate) recipes thread.

10 Likes

cake is for looking at, pie is for eating

8 Likes

In my house the best way to make an ugly leftover Thanksgiving desert look better is hand whipped cream!

11 Likes

boom!
presentation!

11 Likes

What you don’t see is the extra big glob of cream I hid on the far side.
The chocolate pecan came out a “little” dry and needed more moisture.:wink:

7 Likes

I used to make a similar modified pecan pie but without the coconut and chocolate. I think it was from an out of print Steinbeck House cookbook. Very easy and tasty, and the feedback was positive. I got a lot of people asking for the recipe.

8 Likes

For our mini-our household only Thanksgiving we did Cornish game hens. They’re so cute.
We brined them overnight, then followed this recipe:

Doubled the sauce amount, adding a little at the very beginning so the garlic wouldn’t burn. Only other modification was crisping them under the broiler for a few minutes at the end.
They came out SO juicy and tender, and the rosemary really came through. And it was so easy. Would definitely do again.
So we each had a little hen (I couldn’t eat it all), the sausage dressing, cranberry sauce from the first post, and your standard mashed potatoes.
The garlicky gravy/sauce from the hens was delicious, great poured over the hens and potatoes.

13 Likes

Cornish hens give such a fun presentation.

5 Likes

And then I found this:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.