The 2019 Halloween Candy Hierarchy

Crispy M&Ms

Missing both Coffee Crisp and Arrogant Bastard Ale… useless list.

4 Likes

Butterfingers fell off the list, which is only proper considering what those vicious bastards did to the taste and texture this year.

1 Like

Lol, don’t even do Halloween here in Melbourne, Australia, but I promise I’ll dress up if you point me to the house with vicodin. Thank you!

2 Likes

i hate that i fall for this clickbait bullshit every year, but here i am. anyone who puts Mary Janes at the bottom clearly hasn’t had them lately – they rule. and heath bars clearly need to rank in the top 5. fight me.

9 Likes

I would have put the Swedish fish and gummi bears higher up the list by like 10 places.

3 Likes
  1. Full-sized candy bar? sure.
  2. Reese’s cup? Darn straight, no point bothering to read the rest. Assuming this is a generalization that includes Reese’s pumpkins/hearts/eggs/etc!
1 Like

No Pez?! Since we started giving out Pez, the trick or treaters started showing up early

2 Likes

Anyone remember getting those sesame honey candies in their bags? Eeeugggh.

1 Like

Palmer’s used to make a pumpkin faced one that had peanut butter -and- puffed rice. It was objectively the best candy.

Sadly, I haven’t been able to find them in the past ~4 years so I think I was the only person who liked them.

1 Like

Sorry, any list without:

1: Mars bars,
2: Mr. Big, and
3: Ranks American “smarties” above commonwealth “smarties” isn’t worth the pixels it’s imaged on.

Truth.

5 Likes

OMG, I forgot about those sesame candies. Rank them up at the top with Smarties.

This year I had to hunt down the smarties in the frozen meals section of the grocery store. C’mon people, I could see putting the fake skeletons in with frozen foods, but Smarties? seriously?

3 Likes

I’m having a hard time deciding whether or not I prefer the bits of corn in a shit to candy corn. They’re right up against each other in terms of palatability.

5 Likes

Trigger warning for lovers of Reese’s peanut butter cups.

Reese’s peanut butter cups are overrated. The peanut butter is dry and overly sweet and the chocolate is uninteresting. I doubt anyone would eat that peanut butter if it weren’t dipped in chocolate and the only reason people eat Hershey’s milk chocolate is because they grew up with it and it’s better than Palmer’s.

12 Likes

Anyone who shows up at my door who is clearly beyond middle school age, and whose idea of looking good for Halloween is a hoodie and a black plastic garbage bag, gets treats from the SPECIAL BOWL,
which contains

• black and orange peanut butter kisses
  • marshmallow peanuts
  • Bit-O-Honey

All aged at least one year, some three or four.

8 Likes

I respond:

5 Likes

That stuff is given out by the old ladies who also gave Necco Wafers (distemper paint), Squirrel candies (yuk), and HoreHound candy (my father-in-law actually kept the candy tray fully loaded with these).

It isn’t contemporary or good.

2 Likes

Reggie Jackson bar? If any of your kids get one of those throw it away because it’s at least 35 years old.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Candy Corn or GTFO!!1! :wink:

2 Likes