The easy-to-make Twitter egg sandwich is easy to make

Typical, the outside is a different shape to the filling :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Some things are always ‘a constant’, no matter which reality you occupy…

6 Likes

If you don’t like runny eggs then you’re free to cook them longer, but if it’s not baveuse it’s either an overcooked omelette, or not an omelette - which one you pick is more of a philosophical or semantic issue than a culinary one. It’s like serving a medium rare burger and calling it steak tartare!

I will cook my damn omlette to whatever consistency I want it to be and it will still be an omlette. Food snobs so stuck on this subject are what makes the world a terrible place. Don’t shame others for how they like things.

Your example is complete bullshit. One would use different cuts for burger or tartare. An egg left runny or well done is still the same egg.

2 Likes
11 Likes

[runs to look it up]

I think we have just found an acceptable alternative to ■■■■■ for the BBS.

“Baveuse” comes from the French verb “baver” which means to drool or slobber.”

16 Likes

Every time I do my half-assed version, I do it differently, because it’s never quite right. I’ve never even had it with pork belly - all the versions I’ve eaten had various seafood instead. I do put bonito flakes on it, because there’s something lacking without them. But it still ends up half a half-assed okonomiyaki and half a half-assed pajeon. (Which somehow never adds up to a whole ass.)

Being half-assed, I usually just end up lazily putting some sriracha/mayo on it. But now that I know okonomiyaki sauce is just oyster, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup, I’ll probably throw some of that together the next time…

I instinctively agreed, but now this raises a question: if this is a sandwich, is French toast also a sandwich?

5 Likes

Ham can also talk; just shuffle it around a bit.

2 Likes

Yes: that’s all I do now. I don’t buy the premade stuff. But I do still buy the squeezy Kewpie mayo. And I like to keep some sweet/salty/sesame seaweed on hand and bonito flakes.

1 Like

Interesting background noise: Munchkins riding Harleys.

1 Like

They had a lovely buffet afterwards.

5 Likes

Nice spatula technique, but I’ll just have this in the form of french toast, thx.

1 Like

The eggs are folded inside of the bread and then the buttered bread crisped up. Looks no messier than eating a standard grilled cheese sandwich. The picture and video do not match.

1 Like

We call ‘em "daubin’ eggs" where I’m from. Yolk soft enough to daub your toast in, white crispy to make a sandwich with afterwards. Yum!

4 Likes

That word has lost all meaning. I’m not shaming anyone. Saying “that’s not an omelette” is not an insult, it is not a slight on anyone’s character, it is not a value judgement on anyone’s opinion, it is not a criticism. A car is not a potato, a triangle is not a square, lots of things are not other things - it is precisely that fact that makes things things.

3 Likes

But … An omelette not made to your preference is still an omelette :confused:

13 Likes

giphy-9

8 Likes

frankly-i-feel

1 Like

Since this is a food topic…

9 Likes

Yup.

1 Like