The Eggo you wanna l'Eggo: A frozen Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich, reviewed (F)

I remember that, and still think it’s a terrible idea for the same reason. Trying to get bacon grease out of all the nooks & crannies of a waffle maker – no thanks.

A better use is crisping up soggy fries. Wedge them in between all the ridges, and they’ll get toasted on all sides.

3 Likes

Canada would like a word with you, @jlw.

4 Likes

In the US? I’m sure it’s not.

I’m sure you smother your sausage in maple syrup and then pour it over your bacon before covering your sweet waffles with it, pile it all on a fork, and enjoy it as a completely usual breakfast.

But just so you know, in many places around the rest of the world, we think you are out of your fucking minds.

9 Likes

Poutine.

5 Likes

Those “nooks & crannies” are one of the reasons my old Cuisinart waffle maker now resides in a landfill somewhere. The temperature control was a slide lever on the base of the unit. There was so much play in the lever that you could never be able to tell where it was set. And if the batter overflowed, it ran right down into the slot of the control lever. Impossible to clean out without dismantling the unit. That, combined with uneven heating, was why it got tossed.

If you see one of these, run the other way…

My wonderful replacement…

1 Like

Soss for brekky is fine along with the bacon and eggs. Why they serve dessert with it is just weird. Did they run out of plates or something and had to mix it all up together?

3 Likes

Griswold.

1 Like

It’s a distinction I didn’t was necessary to make, as we’re discussing a product only available in North America.

And there’s no need to pour maple syrup over our sausage. We can just buy it with maple flavor.

2 Likes

Suh-weet!

Yet again, I’m glad I’ll never go to the USA. Mostly because I’d weigh, like, 800lbs by the time my holiday was over.
Seriously, that looks awful. I’ve gotta try it.

4 Likes

If you omit the butter and sugar, they’re French toast waffle-ish things, brilliant!

8 Likes

At first I was like, who hacked @M_M, but then:

Faith restored.

9 Likes

Two words - pocket size.

Deeper pockets are a bad thing?

But that’s where the syrup goes!

1 Like

I said it was weird. I didn’t say I don’t like it.:slight_smile:
And we’ve all ran out of plates at some point.

1 Like

Yes, buy you want the right amount of syrup.

That would imply there is an upper limit beyond which is “too much syrup.”

2 Likes

The fact that it isn’t called a “Sausage, Eggo and Cheese” breakfast sandwich is the worst travesty since that time they didn’t call s’more-flavored Oreos “S’moreos”.

5 Likes

Right! I’m off tonight or it would have clicked weird wasn’t a knock.

2 Likes

A guy on my hockey* team was clearing out some unwanted wedding gifts and gave me his waffle maker. Not a Sunbeam, but we use it all the time. Fresh waffles on a Sunday morning are a cheap thrill for a 40-something like me.

*Mention of the word “hockey” calls for a mandatory “Rest In Peace, Alan Thicke”.

5 Likes