The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

Just looking at the picture, and imagining his voice, grates on my ears.

17 Likes

Important notice for Ohioan BBSers

18 Likes

Archive version: https://archive.ph/kAOfz

15 Likes
16 Likes

The sole US supplier of a major abortion pill said it would not distribute the drug in 31 states

A list circulated in January by the distributor to Walgreens and CVS underscores the uncertainty surrounding abortion pills in the post-Roe era.

17 Likes

That article first says 21 states, then references 31 states, then goes back to 21 states, and none of the links actually give the states by name.

So, FWIW, I found this on Healthline, which I wouldn’t normally think of as a news source, but presumably the list of states is correct:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia

16 Likes

Of course, among other problems, mifepristone is used for other things than abortions. Including miscarriages and Type 2 diabetes. But not anymore, I guess.

24 Likes

That’s where it runs afoul of the ACA. You can’t ban a drug for all uses just because of one use.

15 Likes

The manufacturer is capitulating to the terrorists, what does it matter if 20-odd states are imposing a ban on a drug that won’t be shipped to their state anyway?

@docosc: friendly reminder that the “Christian” zealots imposing these bans are in favor of women dying from sepsis if their miscarriage is incomplete without medical intervention. We’re just property of our fathers, then our husbands, after all. Super easy to replace with new property!
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_vomiting:

21 Likes

If they sell it anywhere in the US and territories, they have to sell it in the whole country. Even where a particular therapy or procedure is illegal locally, if there are other uses it must be available for those uses.

19 Likes

Let’s have some more of this from red states:

It’s not a great long term solution, but from a state perspective it’s a lot better than what we’ve been seeing.

22 Likes
16 Likes

From the perspective of people training to be doctors now:

19 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

An Idaho hospital is closing its labor and delivery unit, citing the fact that all of their doctors are leaving and they cannot get more because no ob-gyns want to move to Idaho, which has one of the most restrictive anti-abortion laws in the nation.

23 Likes

So all babies from now on will be birthed at home without medical assistance.

Frontier days once again. They probably consider this a win.

22 Likes
20 Likes
19 Likes

Hey Texas GOP…

jennifer lawrence middle finger GIF

21 Likes