The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

somewhat more pointed article with links to the counterclaims

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23794899/23-cv-0375-deftscounter-plaintiffs-jackie-noyola-and-amy-carpenters-original-answer-and-counterclaims.pdf

10 Likes

Jesus woked.

9 Likes

Have I mentioned how much I despise that astroturf group of assholes besmirching the good name of my profession with “American College of Pediatricians?”

season 1 nick rutherford GIF by Dream Corp LLC

Very few actual pediatricians, mostly political hacks and asshats.

17 Likes

Once or twice. :grinning:

How far off the right fringe do they have be that doctors and Christians are their enemies?

“You moved the Overton window, but you left the people, didn’t you?”

10 Likes

That window left the frame and ran down the street.

17 Likes

But isn’t it “nominal Christians” they’re against, a No True Scotsman argument?

13 Likes

Huh, go figure–all those folks who are so busy blocking access to Planned Parenthood have no time at all for, y’know, being part of a solution.

No time.

Nada:

12 Likes

Holy shit, this is horrible! How can these docs practice under these rules?

4 Likes
7 Likes

Actually: woman or girl, aged 13 - 50, alive.

11 Likes

Some good news:

12 Likes

The questions sure do start after you have one though.

12 Likes

More like AFAB, aged 13 - 50+, has functioning uterus (and everything is being set up to make this impossible to change if you do have one). Being alive is only a technicality that can be maintained in ICU.

8 Likes

…the only qualification necessary to GET TOLD to have a human baby…

So even non-working equipment doesn’t matter, nor birth assignment. Are you currently female-presenting and not obviously in menopause? That’s all it takes.

10 Likes
2 Likes

How long until the meltdown starts?

16 Likes

Unfuck 'em.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Why bother? They ignore data and science anyway.

It’s about power, I know. But this is just going to drive more health care workers to leave Texas.

Let’s get creative. Maybe there is something we can do to recruit OB/GYNs as aid workers from another country and give them diplomatic immunity. Then fascist states that have implemented penalties for performing abortions won’t have legal recourse against them.

11 Likes

Sadly, those same states are perfecting the art of legalizing lynch mobs and bounty hunters, so the recourse of the states is kind of immaterial.

7 Likes