The Franken Berry Stool (aka red poop)

[Permalink]

The Poop Report has all the news that’s fit to print on the subject:
e.g.
Green Poop: The Implications Of Food Dye On Poop Color | The Intellectual Appreciation of Poop Humor | PoopReport.com

You make it sound like the red poop is a problem. Let me tell you, if as a 12 year old I found out that eating a sugary cereal would make my poop green or red I’d be demanding it!

Baskin Robbins had a blue raspberry sherbet that elicited the same results. It looked like I crapped out a muppet.

Try eating a tasty beet salad.

This reminds me of a guy I knew who was a hypochondriac. Once, while shopping with his wife, he went to the bathroom and came running out a few minutes later. “I’m bleeding internally!” he yelled. “I have to get to to a doctor!”

She knew him well enough that her reply was, “Yeah, what do you think of this dress?”

I think she also knew it wasn’t internal bleeding but the red cabbage they’d had the night before.

Textured Vegetable Protein and other non-meat foods on a camping trip: lime green.

Tangentially related: in my area the monster cereals now only come out around Halloween, and only in a few stores. Although I was disappointed at not being able to find Count Chocula I was pleased by the welcome return of both Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute.

Years ago I worked with a guy who had a substance abuse problem, drinking mostly, and it seemed to interfere with his digestion. One time he pooped out this quasi-rainbow-colored turd that he deliberately left in the bowl so all his co-workers could see it. He had eaten some salad with purple cabbage and red radishes, yellow peppers, etc etc. and digested almost none of it.

Red Vines do the same thing. I ate a bunch one time and, the next day, thought it was time to get my affairs in order.

me too. i was disappointed that Fruit Brute is now cherry, though. i swear it was different before. Chocula was surprisingly less sweet than i expected/remembered.

As undoubtedly many parents here will know, feeding the youn 'uns dyed food (e.g. Trix yoghurt or Go-ghurts) will have the same result.

Huh. This was a plot point in Stephen King’s Cujo (a breakfast cereal makes it look like kids are vomiting blood if they get sick after eating it), but I had no idea that it was based on a real thing.

When I was a kid, I had a habit of swallowing my gum. After a particularly productive day of multiple-flavored packs – grape, green apple, y’know – it wasn’t so much the color…

And the top of his head is Al Franken’s butt!

Not only does FrankenBerry change the color of your poop, it turns your fingernails into little strawberries (look closer…)

I never tried any of 'em as a kid because my mother was on this anti-sugar kick for much of my childhood. And I’m annoyed that I can’t find Count Chocula because it’s the only one I haven’t tried.

Changing Fruit Brute might make sense if it was repackaged as Yummy Mummy.

Boo Berry remains my favorite. I bought two boxes thinking they’d last me a while. They lasted two days.

You did well. The only two cereals would last me any length of time would be Grape nuts or All Bran, which would both last pretty much forever.

“Nope, nothing wrong here.”

http://charnelhouse.tripod.com/cujo.html

to be fair, those boxes were SUPER narrow. deceptive packaging: same height and width, but not as deep!