The "Freedom to Breathe Agency"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/25/the-freedom-to-breathe-agenc.html

10 Likes

It’s a government agency with a dot com TLD, so you know it’s trustworthy.

30 Likes

I wonder if the 800 number is legit?

15 Likes

They are, indeed, forgetting to be awesome.

14 Likes

OK. (Accepting what is on the card at “face value.”)
Where is your face shield?

39 Likes

Yes, and appears to be (WIX hosted) 404 compliant.

14 Likes

You don’t have to, as it’s not.

70sshow-mom-laughing|nullxnull

32 Likes

Noobs.

The Freemen on the land could ‘teach’ this outfit a thing or two about how to really do theatrically pseudolegal antisocial tendencies. Depending on the ADA means that They have already almost finished using your fictitious legal name to drag you to admiralty court.

25 Likes

Wearing a face mask posses [sic] a mental and/or physical risk to me

I do love a good posse

25 Likes

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that a company involved in web hosting would choose a cable clump made of of one USB cable with Type A connector (silver shielding in transparent insulation); what looks like an RCA audio cable(pair in blue translucent insulation) and a single ethernet cable that has the distinct look of a basic cat-5 or 5e(the orange one without the more aggressive twist pattern you often see with cat6)?

I realize that stock photos come from a universe all their own; but c’mon, people.

17 Likes

Accepted for value!

4 Likes

Jesus. Learn to spell at least if you’re going to impersonate a government authority. And how to write coherently.

8 Likes

It appears to be so.

I wonder if there is a penalty for spurious use, false reporting, etc.

7 Likes

Oh, there certainly is, and the DOJ is already aware of it: https://www.ada.gov/covid-19_flyer_alert.html

I expect whoever is printing up these cards and selling them (there’s always money to be made being a garbage person during a crisis, I’ve discovered) is probably in a load of hot water as well…

27 Likes

Their Website is hosted on Wix.

Please consider reporting this website (FTBAgency.com) to Wix’s abuse team here:

https://www.wix.com/about/abuse-form

Besides clearly attempting to present themselves in a confusing fashion (calling themselves an Agency and using an Eagle logo-- seems like they want people to mistake them for or conflate them with an actual government agency), they seem to be in violation of Section 2.3.2 of Wix’s Terms of Use (deceptive and fraudulent, encouraging harmful conduct)

https://www.wix.com/about/terms-of-use

This bit here, saying:
"
2.3 You agree and undertake not to:

2. submit, transmit or display any User Content, or use Licensed Content in a context, which may be deemed as defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, incendiary, abusive, racist, offensive, deceptive or fraudulent, encouraging criminal or harmful conduct, or which otherwise violates the rights of Wix or any third party (including any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, contractual or fiduciary rights), or otherwise shows any person, entity or brand in a bad or disparaging light, without their prior explicit approval;"

38 Likes

This is as morally sound as printing your own disabled parking permits, or getting a service vest for your pet dog. People with pulmonary disabilities that cannot tolerate a mask have a legitimate excuse to not wearing a mask. However, these people are just a bunch of selfish assholes who don’t want to be inconvenienced in any way, even if it means wearing a six-inch piece of fabric to save the lives of those around them.
Also, every time you hear the anti-mask protesters say “my body, my choice”, do you think they’re as vocal when it comes to access to abortion services??

40 Likes

Thanks for this! I submitted a complaint.

13 Likes

Looks like this was successful, cause the site is gone.

30 Likes

Seems like an authentic level of governmental incompetence to me…

4 Likes

Be kind, they have a medical condition that limits the amount of oxygen going to their brains.

14 Likes