The "Freedom to Breathe Agency"

I saw that yesterday and thought it over for a bit and wonder if this card is another Russian disinformation campaign meant to stir shit up and divide the nation?

2 Likes

Didn’t all the inhabitants of the original planet die of a virus because a telephone wasn’t properly disinfected?

9 Likes

I’d chose another approach and have these little guys do the dirty work

2 Likes

Curiously apropos.

1 Like

I like it, i think it will be supported by NRA also.

3 Likes

Remember that the “non-useless people” left behind on Golgafrincham died of a virulent disease contracted from dirty telephones. There is a lesson in there about essential workers in our current times.

6 Likes

It’s got a bar code and everything. Must be legit.

3 Likes

You should of used more comers, for, Emphas’s!

1 Like

Plus, these are all undoubtedly the same libertarians who say stores should be able to discriminate, because, you know, the market should decide what businesses do, and if businesses are unethical or unfair, they will be treated accordingly by the market, because people won’t patronize them and the business will fail.

2 Likes

18 U.S. Code § 912. False Personation of an officer or employee of the United States

Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/912

From the law, you don’t have to be using the impersonation to commit fraud. The impersonation itself is illegal.

11 Likes

I was a bit disappointed that the bar code was just a number and not something more assertive.

reverse card

1 Like

I’ve been using this one with mixed results.

14 Likes

Freedom To Bare Arse?

14 Likes

Shamelessly stolen and shared with the pants-free community everywhere.

6 Likes
13 Likes
15 Likes

Even if it were legit, actual ADA expert attorneys have pointed out that:

*The ADA does not take precedence over health and safety, and
*All the ADA requires is a “minimum reasonable accommodation,” which is satisfied by kerbside pickup

13 Likes

This is wonderful, thanks! I was just wracking my brain and the best I could come up with was something along the lines of “Freedom To Beat yr Ass” for being an antisocial citizen, but this is so much better. I hope I don’t run into anyone wielding the original FTBA card, but if I do, I’m going to have one of these on hand to give them. Maybe I’ll make some and just distribute around to local workers at grocery stores and the like.
Welcome to BoingBoing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.