The funniest rebuttal to the vegetarian argument

" I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." - A. Whitney Brown

6 Likes

Oh man. I just read up on the interview and that sucks to hear.

1 Like

Ummmm, yeah.

About that “talk”…

International Cat Day GIF

Cats still don’t taste like chicken, and we still chicken out of doing something about a pressing problem.

I welcome our kitty overlords. In fact, I love them. mr. d comedy GIF by CBC
But to be honest, the uprising is overdue.

Crypto No Stop GIF by Steady State

7 Likes

Feral cats are killing our native birds

And so are a lot of domesticated ones.

I’d never let a cat I own wander outside. Aside from diseases and such they can bring back, they’re, yeah, hearty killers of birds and other wildlife. Fuck that noise.

8 Likes

Hmm. I sense a bit of cognitive dissonance here.

Apparently not.

Just FYI, “It was just hyperbole and exaggeration” isn’t much of an improvement. That’s a confession that, as a writer, you sometimes lie or exaggerate for effect, but you expect readers to not take it seriously, since, hahaha, that’s what you do.

There’s a lot more to “not being malicious” than just proclaiming that you didn’t intend to be.

You might want to give that some additional thought.

(FWIW, I’m a happy omnivore, and while I found the sketch mildly amusing at points, I understand it’s the sort of “very clever logic” thing that annoys many vegetarians/vegans, and for good reason.)

7 Likes

Ah, but surely it is Devin who is under the bridge?

12 Likes

Being under the bridge is a hell of a drug.

6 Likes

And sharpening knives.

And ketchup on hot dogs…

13 Likes

No cognitive dissonance at all.

I said that I dont have the same connotation of trolling as other people. I chose the wrong word.

Apparently, to other people, trolling is a wholly negative, spiteful attack. What I meant was that- in circumstances where I have gauged the other persons sensibilities for random silliness- I like to ramp up the absurdity in my interactions.

I used trolling as a bit of contemporary vernacular. I didn’t have the same negative connotation with the word as everyone here does. I now realize that I communicted poorly.

Plus, this board doesn’t know me in real life. It’s fair for them to take my words on face value. Like I said, I meant it as a gag. I’m not going to really recite a Mitchell and Webb sketch verbatim in real life. If anything, I would just show them the sketch on my phone- like everyone else would.

I’m not ducking from my mistake. My diction was poor, my framing of it was crappy and my attempt at distilling a concept was weak. It’s my job to communicate and I did it poorly. Insha’Allah, I’ll do better next time. I’m capable of owning up to being a ponce

7 Likes

I like to think that I outgrew the need to save up clever arguments simply to pwn people I disagree with on matters that don’t really affect me. I found that it just made me unpleasant and I didn’t really learn anything from the experience.

6 Likes

By hotdogs, surely you mean sandwiches…

14 Likes

“Feral cats in Polynesia” is a special case

Cats are not an invasive species in Europe

6 Likes

Lets Go Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

ETA: I want someone in power to add a line into the Star Trek timeline that mentions the Hot Dog-Sandwich dispute as a catalyst for the Eugenics Wars

3 Likes

You asked for it

Source

6 Likes

That’s not even real dog :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

It’s quite telling that you know that. You seem quite confident…
:thinking:

6 Likes

mmmm…those pigs are tucked tight into them blankets…

Please accept my unconditional surrender

ETA: Oh God! It was a trick! They are poisoned…apple…filling…light…fading…

4 Likes

Well, I’m fairly sure it’s not pork either :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Are you being frank?

11 Likes

Also full of beans.

10 Likes