The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

He sounds like an enemy combatant.

16 Likes

Wait, now, let’s hear him out. “All Feds” would include Matt Gaetz, Marco Rubio, Rick Scott, certain former presidents who think they are still president…

All I’m saying is that we shouldn’t rush to judgement. /s

16 Likes

i’ve always liked your thinking there, mr. trout. i am also of the mind to “let them fight”.
i also very much appreciate the notion of “fuck around and find out”!
go ahead, billyjoebob bubba, see what happens when you shoot at feds.
mmmm hmmmm.

14 Likes

National Republican Senatorial Campaign can’t figure out why it has no cash. It seems to have vaporized. Who runs it? The guy who was involved in the biggest Medicare fraud in history.

19 Likes
8 Likes

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

16 Likes
22 Likes

Rick Scott? It’s a CLUE!

7 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

12 Likes
17 Likes
19 Likes

You know, even international students get free tuition to go to German universities. The only requirement is that they stick around for a couple of years working a German job (and thus paying German taxes).

Functional countries understand that the entire country benefits when smart people go to university.

23 Likes

Yes, when it comes to institutions that should be publicly funded for the betterment of all, U.S. leaders are like, well, Boris Johnson touring a hospital.

23 Likes

You’d have to go into an extended analysis showing that when you cure people and get them back on their feet, being productive without a crushing debt load, there’s a major overall benefit to the economy.

But they’d never sit through it long enough to understand, and even if they did, they’d declare it unnatural, and couldn’t possibly be true.

15 Likes

Or they’d nod and smile and say reassuring words about how they understand and it’s a complex problem which does need to be addressed as a matter of urgency, and tell you that there are plans underway which aren’t ready to make public just yet, but don’t worry, there are good people working on this right now, so you don’t need to do anything yourself … and then say “who the fuck was that?” as soon as you’re safely out of earshot, forget you exist, and continue what they’re doing anyway.

Am I speaking from repeated personal experience? Why would you possibly ask that.

15 Likes

We started this mini-thread at US university student debt, which isn’t really even a thing in other G8 countries, but now we’re at NHS? This feels like a “hold my beer” moment to my US ears…

9 Likes

I thought it had already segued to “talking to a politician and trying to convince them that The Public Good exists”.

5 Likes

Top men.

7 Likes
15 Likes

Thinking Reaction GIF

Yeah, another death fascinated cult of personality. WTF is it about these times that fosters this particular brand of idiocy? Serious question, because I don’t know. Has this always happened when it felt like the world was on the edge?

17 Likes