The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

I think he’s trying to say that people in NYC piss and shit in the streets :roll_eyes: … But I bet plenty of people who live in Kansas have heeded the call of nature while in nature…

To be fair, Adams wasn’t looking too great there himself with that comment. The sooner we stop thinking everything needs a “brand” the better off we all are… plus, our already divisive situation isn’t helped by high profile politicians of either party shitting on places that they don’t live.

14 Likes

As a resident of Kansas for over two decades, I can confirm. :+1:

12 Likes

Although, @emo_pinata made a salient point about the furry panic of 2021…

14 Likes

CEO tells workers to continue to work through hurricane; CEO is driving away from hurricane during meeting. CEO later retracts it. Company is, apparently, Scientology-affiliated.

Employees were advised by Gendusa, a devout Scientologist, that they could bring their families, including children and pets into the office so they could work during the hurricane.

and:

12 Likes

Unhoused pooping in the streets was my first thought, but then looking around the furry references were showing up in some of the replies and I realized how little they actually care about homelessness.

14 Likes

So many bullshit arguments that they could make, so little time!

11 Likes

You know the party is marching ever rightward when their list of how many groups they openly hate is so long you have to take a few stabs at which hateful reference they are attempting to make with any given comment.

And yet there is little publicly facing opposition to the endless stream of easily proven false statements. It doesn’t even need nuance to show NYC is statistically safer than Kansas.

16 Likes

I don’t know if that’s true… Biden has been making stronger statements. If the message isn’t getting out, it’s largely down to the media not doing it’s job.

10 Likes

Not enough time my ass. Calling BS on rich politicians and their stock brokers.

16 Likes

That is true, the last ~3 months have been much stronger statements. I can’t deny that. I’m lamenting their years of inaction but there does seem to be a corner turned.

8 Likes

I will agree that more can be said and done, but there is an increasingly vocal resistance to what the GOP has become by democrats that is being matched by some standing up to the bullies trying to run the streets and libraries.

12 Likes
18 Likes

On Tuesday (27 September), Accountable for Equality Action (AFEA) – an organisation formed to “measure allyship based on corporate contributions” – launched its Real Allies Database.

The database tracks donations by corporations to the US politicians behind legislation blocking LGBTQ+, voting and reproductive rights.

Using data from 2016 onwards, AFEA identified more than 130,000 corporate donations supporting more than 1,000 legislators co-sponsoring bills that aim to remove these rights.

14 Likes

That was immediately my take. And the murder/violent crime data?

White and Grey Minimalist Annual Report (kansas.gov)

Violent Index Crimes: Violent index offenses were 24.4% above the 10‐yr average. In 2020, the violent crime
index rate for Kansas was 4.7 offenses per 1,000 people. There was a 9.3% increase in 2020 over 2019. The
Violent Index Crimes were heavily impacted by the aggravated assault/baƩery offenses. In 2020, there were
11,201 aggravated assault/baƩery offenses reported, which equated to 81% of the violent crimes
reported. Murder, rape, and robbery equaled 2,695 offenses, which totaled 19% of the violent crimes
reported. Compared to 2019, the 2020 murders were up 48.5%, rape was down 8.2%, and robbery was down
7.7%. Aggravated assaults make up a majority of the violent crimes reported and also increased by 13.8%. This
increase essenƟally negates the decreases in both rape and robbery, so much so that the total Violent Index
Crimes ends with a 9.5% increase.

Yeah, but facts are not the strong suit of these asshats.

(No clue why “tt”=sigma in this report, but there you have it.)

8 Likes

Vacuous merch from a vain and empty heiress.

5 Likes

Two assholes in one!

Piers gets Jordaddy to cry, twice, for the poor, neglected incels.

13 Likes

Big lobsters don’t cry.

15 Likes

At least, not when you put them in the pot head-first…

13 Likes

Ouch. Harsh.
I think they look nice.

4 Likes
12 Likes