The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Yes!

Twirl Moustache GIF by Australian Survivor

13 Likes

It’s so sad that even this is projection, but it is, given that Republicans are adamant that however many children dying is a small price for preserving sacred rights like everyone carrying AR-15s and not getting vaccines.

15 Likes

whoa… that’s profound, really, but you’ve nailed it and that is a sad reckoning, IMO.

while it is sad to watch this slow-moving train wreck occur so publicly, i’m sorry, mr. west - but you kinda brought this on yourself

14 Likes

Sadly, I’ve seen it before, personally.

And as a member of the Black community, I can attest that there have always been such Black people so full of self loathing and hatred of their own existence…

I’m not sorry; he brought it ALL on himself, and I have zero sympathy for him.

He should have used some of those billions that he used to have on mental therapy and getting better emotionally.

16 Likes
16 Likes

They really just don’t like anything do they?

A bunch of sad, lonely, selfish people that yell a lot.

17 Likes

I’m still stumped on where they find the time and energy to devote to trying to run everyone else’s life. Maybe they don’t sleep, either. :vampire:t4:

15 Likes

Yeah they probably hate sleep too. That’s when the Devil comes around…

11 Likes

If the Mercers still have a stake, I wonder at them selling to an antisemite.

On the other hand, if they know that Parler is doomed junk, why not take Kayne’s money?

6 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

Are you talking about family Thanksgiving dinner, or…

Kidding. That asexual marriage ban really makes it clear where we’re headed. Soon, even if you’re hetero and do the sex, if a wife can’t produce offspring it’ll be “off with her head,” since that appears to be the main purpose of both marriage and women in the eyes of some.

17 Likes

You’ve literally just described why Handmaidens.

6 Likes

Not quite literally, since the men didn’t marry the handmaidens. That was its own fucked up version of marriage.

15 Likes

I really want to know how they would enforce this. Do we need to report our sexual encounters? Is there a minimum number per week/month/year? “Oops! We didn’t do it enough! Now we’re not married anymore!” These asshats would be hilarious if they weren’t so damned terrifying.

19 Likes

No, I mean marriage is literally sacrosanct, and babies are the purpose of marriage. Rather than executing infertile wives, they’ll just do the handmaiden thing, and any babies as a result are legally the wife’s children it’s in the bible it must be holy.

Deliberately avoiding pregnancy, however, is the sin of Onan, and a sexless marriage can be claimed to be unconsummated, and therefore nul.

6 Likes

And as we all know, the sin of Onan is actually refusing to get his brother’s widow pregnant (having sex with her and pulling out so as to ‘spill his seed’ rather than run the risk of conception).

13 Likes

Ye gods, I don’t want to “like” this. Sigh…

17 Likes
19 Likes

I don’t mean to get us too off topic, but what would be the logic of keeping a wife around if she can’t fulfill the basic “job” of producing children?
I don’t remember what the idea was in Atwood’s novel, it seemed like something related to nobility or lineage or something?
Maybe I’m just jaded, but I don’t see that being the approach if we enter our own Gilead…

8 Likes