The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Re: Skechers

Guess he didn’t realize that Skechers is owned and operated by a Jewish family:

Skechers is owned and operated by a Jewish family – Robert Greenberg founded it, and his son Michael is currently the President. Considering his rampant anti-Semitism, you could say he barked up the wrong tree. via TMZ

Oopsies!

17 Likes

IIRC, the point was PR - maintaining the image of good old family values. Since Serena was famous as a religious personality, she had to join the system at some point. Also, having the appearance of the perfect family unit helps sell that what they were doing was for all the “right” reasons. Of course, everyone trapped inside the system knew that was bs. Was anyone on the outside asking how the sausages those families were made? :grimacing: This is what makes the conservatives enacting policies resulting in forced birth extra-creepy. They don’t really care about the means - just about increasing their numbers and convincing others that what they are doing to unwilling mothers and children is all for the best.

15 Likes

Rich people SUCK.

OMG

15 Likes

Because they’re basing their fevered one-handed-reading policies off Bible fanfic, with heavy Gor influence. And the Bible has precedent for this situation: three of them, even. Sarah and Hagar, Leah and Zilpah, and Rachel and Bilhah.

And it’s not just that there’s precedent, the children of Zilpah and Bilhah were the progenitors of some of the Tribes of Israel. (Gad and Asher, and Dan and Naphtali respectively.)

There’s their model. That way they get their respectable wives, and the ability to continue to claim to be good monogamists, and their straightforward common-law inheritance traditions, and to be able to say with a straight face that “marriage is between one woman and one man for the purpose of childbirth”, and have their harem, all at the same time.

I would predict a generation or two before they lose the need to virtue signal the monogamy thing, and go to a wife and concubines (and handmaids), then to the full harem of multiple wives and also concubines.

For those who are rich and powerful enough, of course.

11 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.
I hate it.
(I mean, I appreciate the clarification, but I hate how much it rings true.)

10 Likes

IKR.

Sometimes I have to shake myself and remind myself that being able to run through their “logic” and see where their bullshit is coming from does not make me complicit in it.

Just because I can see the path they walked down to get to where they are does not mean I want to walk the path, much less go to the same place.

Still, sometimes I feel the need to explain this sort of thing, then go scrub my brain with bleach.

7 Likes

Thanks for taking one for the team.

3 Likes

Go away, you asshole never was.

19 Likes

What the actual fuck? No one is to blame for Heath Ledger’s death beyond him.

21 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Keanu is a national treasure!!!

Now, he’s not wrong about River Phoenix, who he praises (alongside Ledger). He was wonderful. Both of their deaths are tragic… of course.

river phoenix 80s GIF

But why go after Keanu?

Love You GIF by Sky

18 Likes

Is there some kind of Perry thing going on because I saw something about him and Valerie Bertineli today.

5 Likes

He gave an interview recently (today?). Apparently that’s newsworthy.

9 Likes

What the fuck?

Who does that; who asks why someone is dead instead of someone else?

And KEANU REEVES, of all people?

Isn’t he like one of the nicest rich White dudes in Hollywood?

21 Likes

Man, there’s sooo many more important things going on, why is this tool taking up space?

Rhetorical

12 Likes

Sorry Keanu Reeves GIF

(also, he’s part Chinese and Hawaiian…)

15 Likes

I know, but he’s usually cast as White, generally speaking.

:man_shrugging:t5:

That said, my point was that out of all of Hollywood, most people of privilege are not nearly as decent human beings as I have repeatedly heard that Reeves is.

16 Likes

He’s talking about how he almost died. Propofol.

And trying to sell a book.

12 Likes

I wasn’t a fan years ago. He really won me over.

Perry? He’s got nothing.

21 Likes

Oh yeah… totally. I don’t think he’s even thought about doing a role where he’s Chinese or Native Hawaiian, because I’m sure he’s aware that he presents as a white dude.

But yeah, he seems like a totally cool awesome human… I don’t know what Matthew Perry has against him… jealousy? :grimacing:

16 Likes
11 Likes