The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Ulrichs:

Publisher: Springer New York, LLC
Content type: Academic / Scholarly
Start year: 1971
Refereed: Yes

Journal Citation Reports:

Journal impact factor: 3.8
Total citations: 10,926

Rank by journal impact factor:
Psychology, clinical: 38th out of 131 (71.4th percentile)
Social sciences, interdisciplinary: 15th out of 110 (86.8th percentile)

Ulrichs:

Your search returned no results.

Journal Citation Reports:

No results found.

I’m not sure which of these sources is more credible, though. (/s)

7 Likes

One advantage of this trend is that if you see any reference to this journal, just as with any of the astroturf professional organizations (American College of Pediatricians, to name one) you can instantly disregard without further thought. The problem is that these “journals” are really good at the Whack-a-Mole game. Smack one down, another appears with a different name, but the same folks behind it.

10 Likes

Archives was a base for transphobes (and others who weren’t) for decades.

There were several transphobes in leadership there. Then J Michael Bailey shot himself in the dick professionally and Zucker had his clinic closed down by the Canadian government.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, this isn’t to suggest that mere academic record or reputation is equivalent to lack of bias. But the opposite is definitely a bad smell when it comes to credibility.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Sounds like a clearing house courting pseudo bs for those who need to self-publish.

5 Likes

Sinema reportedly doesn’t care if she loses her Senate seat, because then she can cash in

2 Likes

What a piece of work. It’s like a portion of Trump’s brain got shat out and ended up in someone else’s body.

6 Likes

I would never have believed it if there wasn’t physical proof.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

“The Journal of Open Bigotry in the Behavioral Sciences”

I’m ashamed that I didn’t think of that one right off the bat.

7 Likes

Michael Shellenberger hit my radar before.

4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Guess what Sean Hannity hates about mass shootings?

“I can literally probably count the seconds before an incident like this becomes politicized and that part of it I never like,” Hannity said

3 Likes

“adding that he also practices MMA to be prepared for instances just like this”

Most people don’t know that your peak years as a fighter are your 60’s.

9 Likes

“Yeah, the bleeding, crying, screaming, dying bodies, those are just good fun. It’s the people trying put a stop to it I can’t stand”

9 Likes

Brazil lags behind other countries such as the US and UK when it comes to recognising how certain institutions and individuals benefited from the horrors of slavery and discussing reparative justice efforts accordingly.

:man_facepalming: Try to find any information about the state of slavery capitalism in the US between The Panic of 1837 and the wind-up of the Civil War. It’s like it’s been carefully smudged out or something…

3 Likes