The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

It’s an honor to baptize an unrepentant accused rapist, sexual assaulter who targeted 16 year olds?

Maybe it is for him:

In August 2015, Grylls left his 11-year-old son on Saint Tudwal’s Island off the North Wales coast, as the tide approached, leaving him to be rescued by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution(RNLI) as part of their weekly practice missions. The child was unharmed, though the RNLI later criticised Grylls for the stunt, saying its crew “had not appreciated” that a child would be involved.[18]

15 Likes
13 Likes

It must have affected his memory. He’s completely forgotten who supported him and who attacked him during his illness.

17 Likes

The Pennyslvania senator sat down with Bill Maher of all people to chat about leaving progressives behind.

Of all people? Hmm. Makes sense to me, since Maher also (long ago) left progressives behind. :person_shrugging:

11 Likes

So many inappropriate jokes here that must be left unaired…

Sad Cry GIF by Pudgy Penguins

8 Likes

9 Likes
12 Likes

Scientifically speaking,

Oh No Ew GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

13 Likes

8tn8k3

eta: I think I’ve posted this one at least twice. I keep forgetting to check the date when they post it as new.

11 Likes

Makes me think of the bears in NH and Indiana’s Ben Wyatt

Season 5 Ben GIF by Parks and Recreation

7 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

Greetings Hello GIF

10 Likes

:thinking: I’m starting to believe this is a story in need of a map of the US, so parents have a better idea of what states allow hospitals to routinely collect from babies, which ones share the data (with law enforcement or private companies), and which ones keep the samples for…reasons:

10 Likes

I just checked my home state’s policy; Ohio retains samples taken from newborns for 21 years.

It was not clear if they share DBS records with law enforcement or private companies.

10 Likes

Virginia Law:

Each parent is provided with information specific to Virginia’s sample retention and destruction policy. The state laboratory (Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services) holds residual blood spots for 6 months. Samples that tested with abnormal results are retained for 10 years .

Better than i thought.

11 Likes

Better than CA or OH, for sure.

9 Likes

Because of the lawsuit, Texas passed a law so parents with kids born after the law passed have to give permission for retention beyond 2 years. But I feel like asking that question right after giving birth is a dick move. Especially since there isn’t an option to opt out later.
Plus the opt-in law only applies to births after the law. Anyone in the gap has to send in a form to get their kid’s blood removed.
The research is important but there aren’t enough protections. If researchers want this blood, they need to push through very tough laws making it illegal for any law enforcement agency to use any of the information

11 Likes

I agree.

8 Likes

It looks like the standard in Pennsylvania is retention for 1 year. However, parents can request destruction of the material at any time:

:+1:t4:

7 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-covid-propaganda/

11 Likes
11 Likes