The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

“ The two first met at a track meet when she was in junior high school. The FBI said Underwood would go to others hoping to run into her.”

“ The FBI testified it believes there could be more victims. Some have come forward since his arrest. Others were identified by people as someone the FBI should talk to.”

12 Likes
11 Likes

When Diagolon first hit the news, on X supporters were all “Ha ha, it’s just a joke that you don’t get, it doesn’t really exist!” and now here we are. As always.

9 Likes
15 Likes

Zoomer cops am I right?

3 Likes

“Do you know who I am?”

Yes- you’re nicked, sunshine!

8 Likes

Fuuuuck. The assholes will just take that as proof that you can terrorize the gay away. I can only criticize these two so much, never having been through something like that because of who i am. I guess publicly taking a “see, I’m not that anymore” stand is one form of self-protection? Sort of “Please don’t shoot me anymore, I’ll be good.” Trauma like that can do awful things to people.

12 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes

They’re almost certainly still gay, they’re just too traumatized and scared to admit it, possibly even to themselves. That’s what conversion therapy does too, and the fact they’re now pushing that just proves that hurt people hurt people.

11 Likes

Stonehenge is not behind glass, like some of the paintings they defaced, so I think putting it in this thread is justified

13 Likes

They’ve done some really dickish things, and I don’t know why they think those are a good idea. I’m all for their mission, and protests are a way to achieve change, but damaging cultural artifacts is just out of line and I don’t know why they think that’s an effective strategy.

9 Likes

27 Likes

Especially in the context of the upcoming elections. All they did is make Keir Starmer condemn them, damaging the credibility of climate action in the prospective new government. Holding quiet during the campaign period would have helped climate policy so much more in an environment as populist as current UK politics.

4 Likes

Once again, Dems getting stuff done (I know Bernie is technically an independent, but come on now) Will get no press from the press though.

14 Likes

In Finland, Saxenda (Liraglutide) costs about 120€ per month, but you can’t get it anywhere. I have a theory that all the supply is being sent to the US.

5 Likes

It’s a safety valve, I think. If society cracks down too hard on these kinds of protests, it’ll only escalate.
I’m frankly amazed that there are still no “eco-warriors” ala “Ministry of the Future” or old-timey Greenpeace.

Also, AFAIK the paint washes away & they partly did it to protest a planned motorway that would impede on Stonehenge.

3 Likes

Real photo released by Reuters yesterday.

I know Kim and Putin are two of the worst despots of our generation but I can’t see this without imagining some kind of wacky road trip buddy comedy.

14 Likes

Planes, trains and ICBM’s!

20 Likes

I keep wondering if (or maybe hoping that) this photo is kind of a propaganda failure.

Both these guys’ public personas are all about absolute power. And to me at least, being crammed into a car together and driving yourself around like the hoi -polloi kind of works against that image :person_shrugging:.

1 Like