The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Ed Swales, the chair of Hunting Kind, claims he has been advised by a leading human rights lawyer that hunters unequivocally qualify for legal protection under the UK Equality Act 2010.

Speaking to the FieldsportsChannel podcast, Swales said: “The qualifications of an ethnic group, there are five of them, and we hit everyone straight in the bullseye.”

He said he had spent three years preparing a legal challenge that had now been reviewed by a human rights KC “who sits on the council of the European court of human rights”.

Swales said: “The outcome of that from the human rights silk is that as a protected minority group under the Equality Act, we qualify, undoubtedly 10 out of 10.”

(I cant find an emoji to accurately illustrate my reactions to such insane nonsensical bs)

9 Likes

Upper-class twits are an ethnic minority? :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

The former Labour minister Mike Foster said the group had lost the plot. He wrote on X: “‘Show me an example of people who have lost the plot,’ the hunt lobby never fail to disappoint.”

7 Likes

Obligatory

10 Likes

They’re a minority, and apparently one that doesn’t understand what the word “ethnic” does in front of it.

Swales also has a great little bit there about how hunting is actually performing a service because it only eliminates the animals that are old, toothless, have “the disease”, or can’t outrun the dogs. Somehow one of those feels less like a natural condition than the others to me, but hey.

6 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes

13 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes
9 Likes

Obviously those are BS terms and would not really hold up in court. If they did that would open up a lot of wiggle room for some serious shenanigans with other services and sites, absolving responsibility for unrelated things.

5 Likes

Yeah, but as a way to drag out the proceedings until the plaintiffs can’t afford to keep paying their attorneys, they work well, I’m afraid.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Holy shit, 20 fucking days?!?!? For raping a child!

What the fuck have we become…

14 Likes

Rochester cops get away with a lot

7 Likes

A judge ordered a 15-year-old student on a field trip to his courtroom to be handcuffed and forced to change into an inmate jumpsuit because she dozed off.

The audacity of a working, un-housed student not being able to stay awake when the important man is talking. /s

15 Likes
14 Likes

This shit makes me so mad

8 Likes