The map library

7 Likes
7 Likes

While we’re on the subject of aves,

10 Likes

(sort of a map)

17 Likes
14 Likes

Eh, I don’t know, dude… I was brought up in a “Never mess with plate tectonics, kid!” household.

Also, where’s New Zealand?

4 Likes

I think it’s tucked up with Tasmania in the Gulf of Carpentaria.

6 Likes

Looks like it; I keep forgetting it’s more than one island.
(And it seems New Guinea ended up in the Mediterranean.)

6 Likes
13 Likes

Looks like NWS Omaha has been reading the National Park Service’s tweets…

7 Likes

Not so much a map, but a small piece of a border.

Back in the spring and summer of '97 the border between Serbia and FYROM (now North Macedonia) was not set and there were many areas of dispute. The UN had established a number of observation posts as part of the UNPREDEP mission.

UN observation post U55A was established in one of the more contested areas, a roughly bean-shaped plot of hilltop about 2 square kilometers (approx 400 football fields :slight_smile: ), indicated in red below. We used to call this region the “bean on the border”. Our actual OP is circled in yellow. We spent the summer walking every inch of the border and recording the coordinates with a GPS (AN/PSN-11)

This image shows the final border. As expected the final border pretty much splits the “bean” except for the area shown in Blue. The border was supposed to roughly follow the orange dashed line, but it required walking into a snowbank that was covering thick underbrush, and was completely impassable so we just bypassed it. Looks like they kept the border following our actual walked path.

Anyway, that amused me

16 Likes

Beans are funny.

Green Bean Production

10 Likes

Well, if we’re talking about oddly coloured foodstuffs:

7 Likes

Looks like the blue banana crosses the Weißwurst equator. That would probably taste terrible.

10 Likes

Back to maps!

Source

5 Likes

Right, back to maps. Here’s one detailing the inner workings of the mind of Boebert:

13 Likes

I’m not from the US, but that doesn’t even look like all of the US. She’s saying Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico don’t deserve her money?

9 Likes
8 Likes

And Guam, USVI, American Samoa, North Mariana Islands, and numerous other uninhabited places. Basically continental US or GTFO.

I’m surprised the map wasn’t alerted to remove blue states or was changed to be blank since you know republicans hate taxes so much.

8 Likes

Putting these here, for future reference:

12 Likes